Dwarf Puffer Tank Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cleared up pic......

I have some more rocks outside being washed by the rain that I'm planning on putting behind the wood. Hopefully I'll also be able to get some crypts that I would like to plant around the stones.

Looks lovely! Are you going to attach anything to the coconut?

I have no idea, I was just wondering :p Maybe some moss? It's just one side of the tank has green and the other is brown. You havn't added the other plants you plan on yet though, I'm sure those will fix it.

Yeah, hopefully. 
As the plants grow in more I'll probably fiddle with them, I'm thinking of adding a piece of vallis between the rocks to sort of make it look like a weed growing through the cracks, as they do. IDK how it'll look, but I thought of that last night :p

Something I'd like to do, is get some midground plants and sort of plant them around the coconut, so the coconut is semi hidden, with only the entrance visible. I'm not sure what plants I could use for this, any suggestions?

Thank you :)

Thinking of adding some Ambulia soon, will have to wait until my LFS gets them back in stock.

Got some cute photos of Zeus, as well as an updated pic with the extra rocks being added.....

FTS.....

Close-up of the rock placement, I've actually changed it a bit more since last waterchange

"Is this cave for me?"

Also, I made a DIY betta hammock that Zeus loves........

wub.png
Oh my goodness he's so stinkin' cute!
I love the rock cave. Good job on the hammock!
Tank is looking good great.
biggrin.png

Thank you ^_^

Just realised the close-up picture of the rock cave didn't work, :rolleyes:
Here it is......

They are such pretty rocks :p Is it quite stable? Don't want them falling on Zeus!

Yeah, they seem to be, I've done several tests on them, such as pouring water onto them, they wobbled a tiny bit but remained rather stable.

Well done, I have enjoyed reading your journal, I had a betta very similar to yours a while back someone on another forum was looking for a home for their two bettas and was willing to post to anyone that paid the shipping! needless to say they came to me 
biggrin.png
the one that looked like yours was called Athos so I kept the name.

Looks nice! Keep up the good work. It's always fun to mess with new looks.

Woah, I didn't realise it had been so long since I updated this! Sorry,

It has had a bit of a rescape, I don't think there are any photos that I have yet, but I'll try to get some soon.

Unfortunately, the blue hygrophila has pretty much died :/ I attempted saving it but in the end my attempts failed. I have one plant that is doing relatively well, so I will see how it goes.

One problem I have had is that Zeus is a pig! I tried feeding my snail an algae wafer about a week or two ago and woke up to a very bloated betta :/ Its not the best, but the only way I've found to stop this is by removing the snail to a container filled with tank water and a piece of algae wafer, I leave him in this for about an hour or so. I've been quite busy so the snail hasn't been getting many feeds which has led to him taking chunks out of some of my plants :grr: I had a really successful blue hygrophila growing and the snail decided to eat the stalk, leaving the plant floating -_- Wasn't very happy when I found that!

I'll try to get some photos of current scape soon. I'm planning on changing it tomorrow though. 
I'm also hoping to order some more plants soon too, I'm hoping to buy these plants Crypts, Anubias, Cabomba or Ambulia, Indian fern, wisteria. The list isn't final and I'd love your input on what plants I should/shouldn't add! :)

I'm sorry about the blue hygro :c

Have heard of lots of bettas eating the snails algae wafers! Don't know how to fix it, though seems like what you're doing may work.

Can't blame him too much for eating the plant, he was hungry! :p

That list sounds fine to me, though you know I'm a plant noob so maybe someone else should say.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back