dwarf pike for my 55g

mostanks

Fish Addict
Reaction score
ccomp.jpg

hello all-well since my ropefish jumped ship :( i have some room in my 55g,right now i have
2=A.sajica
1=blockhead cichlid(may have a new home)
14=tiger barbs (all under an inch)
2=algea eaters(siamese)
i'd like to add a dwarf pike(C.comp.) but i'm not sure if it'll work,does anyone have any exp w/them?if so what are they like and do you think adding them are a good idea(in your opinion)

thanks

Although ive not kept a dwarf pike i recently did some research on them as i was going to get one my self,unfortunately the shop sold the only two they had before i completed it and are not planning on getting anymore for a while :crazy: :-(

I think the problem you will have is that the pike will soon start eating all his tank mates,im not sure on the size that the species you want will grow to but it seems that the average size of dwarf pike is about 8 inches,more than big enough to finnish off tiger barbs and SAE's also it is recomended to keep them in planted tanks which i am guessing yours with tiger barbs is not,i found it was largely recomended that these fish are kept with larger but peaceful cichlids and armoured catfish such as doras and plecs.

hi cat fish-actually i think the max size the C.comp. is about 4 inches,which would be a perfect size but i'm not sure of their aggresion level,as for plants yes :D it's pretty well planted w/plastic plants,about 3/4 of the back glass is covered.the tiger barbs i get are 99 cents ea. which makes them dithers/feeders :p

Tigers as feeders :lol: :lol: :lol: cant think of anything more fitting to do with the little sods,if your sure that the one you want will only reach 4" then go for it SAE's should be to big for it to manage.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back