Dwarf Hairgrass

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

~T~

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Could I grow some of this in a wee glass fish bowl on my front window do you think?I would use florabase as a substrate.

According to the tropica website, both the Eleocharis they do will be ok down to 15C so as long as its in a warmish room I would think the temp wouldn't matter.

Sam

According to the tropica website, both the Eleocharis they do will be ok down to 15C so as long as its in a warmish room I would think the temp wouldn't matter.

Sam

Cheers man, in my search for info I found a site that says it grows native in Scotland.I just couldnt find the site again to make sure.Would I get much growth without CO2? It would be on a front window so would get direct sunlight and be planted in florabase.

You could use CO2 tablets, cheaper than pressurised, and less messy than yeast. PFK used one on their demo subscription tank. Probably give a better dose than anything else for a small tank too.

See there wont be any fish in there so I wont worry about overdosing the CO2.I have sera CO2 tablets, would these be of use and if so its not just a case of dropping them in is it?

I think it was the sera tablets they used in pfk. They had a plastic diffuser that stuck to the side of the tank. I guess you'd just have to look at the instructions as to the dosage and useage. But like you say if you have no fish, then ODing on CO2 wouldn't be a problem.

The sera kits are pretty useless IMHO, if you miss a day/tablet there will be no CO2 in the tank which isnt a good idea at all. The diffusion rate is also probably pretty low so I doubt if you'll get 30ppm, let alone OD the stuff. This is why most people use yeast, by far the most effective for the money :)

Sam

Most reactions

trending

Back