Dwarf Gourami

Alimak

New Member
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Surrey, United Kingdom
Hello,

I have recently purchased 2 dwarf gourami for my tank and unfortunatly one died pretty quick i tested the water everthing was fine went back to the lfs where i brought it from and they said the fish shouldn't have been sold to me as it was ill. Anyway now i only have the one and i have been told by different lfs's that they like to be in pairs or more and male and female pairs.

I just want to know what others thought on this as if so i will go out and buy a replacement but the one i have left seems happy enough. Also how do you tell the difference between male and female?

Many Thanks x
 
My preference is always pairs. Most fish thrive better if they have same species partners.
 
ask for a refund, they sold you sick stock which they are not supposed to do and put your other fish at risk.
 
Dwarf gouramis on the whole do NOT prefer to be in a pair (unless they are honey gouramis?).

How big is the tank?

I wouldn't suggest getting a second one unless the tank is at least 2.5ft (80cm) long.
 
Hi,

I have a 60L tank on of ther tetra aqua art ones.

The one I have left seems completely fine now he swims around really happy and gets on alright with the other fish I was worried about the female siamese fighter but there all fine

So what should I do?

Many thanks
 
Hi,

I have a 60L tank on of ther tetra aqua art ones.

The one I have left seems completely fine now he swims around really happy and gets on alright with the other fish I was worried about the female siamese fighter but there all fine

So what should I do?

Many thanks
I would just keep the one, as stated, gouramis dont do well together, especially in smaller tanks........One other thing to note...Dwarf gouramis are known for being notoriously sickly fish...........
 

Most reactions

Back
Top