Dwarf Gourami: Nuts?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
just so you know. A fluval 2 is too small for that tank. I have a fluval 2 plus running of my 42 litre tank!

A fluval 3 is best for that size tank.

If you're going to cycle with those fish, you are going to have to perform pretty frequent water changes. I can't say what is causing the problem with the female gourami - it may or may not be related to the cycling. I would recommend getting a reagent test kit so you can monitor the important levels yourself, which is really important when doing a fish-in cycle.

I would guess you will have to do at least a 20% PWC every day until it cycles, possibly 2 times per day. Try a water change and see if her condition improves.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the info have had a look again at the filter and it says that a Fluvall 2 Plus will cycle a 200L tank twice every hour...

And like I said the water quality is not a problem!

I have how ever done a 25% water change and drop tiny traces for Zuchini in for her with this she seems to have picked up a little may be her new enviroment is too much?

Will also get a self testing kit this weekend... Will keep an eye on her and see what happens!

Again thanks heaps any other ideas let me know.

Regards
The Joka

Thanks guys,

Got it sorted this weekend...

I found that the Nitrite levels were marginally high, So I did a 50% change Sat and Another Sun!

She is back on form and lovin her new tank mate!

Again thanks for the help :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back