Dwarf Gourami Feeler Broken

murphyk32

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My new female dwarf gourami i just bought has one feeler much shorter then the other, im guessing it was broke or bitten off at some point... Is it ok? or does it need healing and how so?

Keep the water conditions perfect and maybe go through a course of melafix and she should be fine.

Obviously, that is, if it is only from an environmental cause and not from fin-rot or a similar infection.
Realistically, being a new fish there is no way of knowing so go with the melafix but remain very observant for any worsening of the pelvic fins condition.
Keep a close eye on her other fins at this time, also.

Keep the water conditions perfect and maybe go through a course of melafix and she should be fine.

Obviously, that is, if it is only from an environmental cause and not from fin-rot or a similar infection.
Realistically, being a new fish there is no way of knowing so go with the melafix but remain very observant for any worsening of the pelvic fins condition.
Keep a close eye on her other fins at this time, also.

Ok will do Germ... thanks...

My gouramis have had this happen. Identifying the cause is tricky - transport, bullying or illness are the top 3 imho.

If these are addressed the 'feelers', which I believe are a type of pelvic fin, will grow back. I added extra water conditioner to help increase the mucous coat on the fish. It healed to full size again in a week or 2.

Most reactions

trending

Back