Dwarf Gourami Disease

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

FishyFish888

Reaction score
I think my Dwarf Gourami has Dwarf Gourami Disease, but Iā€™m not entirely sure. He was being bullied by the other fish in my main tank, so I moved him to a 10gal quarantine tank. He doesnā€™t have much of an appetite but he is still semi-active (he mostly sticks to the bottom of the tank and occasionally moves to the middle to find food). I did research and saw that dwarfs change colour when theyā€™re stressed, and Iā€™m hoping itā€™s just a bit of stress from being bullied and moving tanks :( I know Dwarf Gourami disease is uncurable, so is there anything I can do to lessen his suffering? I feel terrible :(
DE34C1E5-0B93-4605-B18D-F65FDE142299.jpeg

Attachments

• E4CC8EB3-3EE0-43D4-A9B5-AF58FE6C1970.jpeg
    E4CC8EB3-3EE0-43D4-A9B5-AF58FE6C1970.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 104
Are the water params in the QT all good?....ammonia, nitrIte, nitrAte?
How long have you had him?

Keep the tank clean and feed it a varied diet. That is all you can do for the Iridovirus and for fish in general. The clean water helps reduce the disease organisms in the water and a varied diet provides maximum nutrition for the fish so its immune system can fight off any diseases that might be affecting it.

Having said all that, I doubt it's the Iridovirus. If it develops sores on its body and goes downhill over the next few weeks then it might be, but right now it's probably just stressed.

Are the water params in the QT all good?....ammonia, nitrIte, nitrAte?
How long have you had him?

Just tested, and everythingā€™s all good. Iā€™ve had him for about two months. Heā€™s lost a lot of colour and his fins have been turning brown.

Last edited:
Keep the tank clean and feed it a varied diet. That is all you can do for the Iridovirus and for fish in general. The clean water helps reduce the disease organisms in the water and a varied diet provides maximum nutrition for the fish so its immune system can fight off any diseases that might be affecting it.

Having said all that, I doubt it's the Iridovirus. If it develops sores on its body and goes downhill over the next few weeks then it might be, but right now it's probably just stressed.
Ah, ok. Thanks so much ?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back