Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlid

Glad to see they pulled through the journey :good:

Think I might get in touch with Ste in a few weeks, wouldn't mind another pair of Apisto's. I'll probably pick them up though as opposed to getting the delivered.

James.

Can't see them this morning, But did see both in the end last night, :D my lights don't come on till 12, will have check and post some pics later :D

Hey for those interested in my 48hrs in the post Dwarf Cockatoo's.
They are doing really well., They hide quite alot, But come out for food or if i go have a good close look up at the tank, There straight out to say hello! :D
They are very small at the moment compared to most of their tank buddies though, Apart from 2 endler guppies

I struggled with getting some good shots, But here's a few i managed
Please excuse the dirty glass and the struggling java fern

d4d7bf50.jpg

ce22146f.jpg

98982f19.jpg

ea3c783a.jpg

1e1c285a.jpg

b0870949.jpg

08ad02d9.jpg

good color female you got there!!

Currently, my 3 females are shoaling with the rasboros.....I think my lot are species confused lol

I got my pair of Cockatoo Cichlids from Ste via ebay as well about 3 months ago.

The male grew and coloured up very quickly - a double red and is now a beautiful fish -
and the most placid laid back cichlid that I have owned.

The female was very small, and very shy - hardly saw her for the first month.
Now she is a confident young fish and again has coloured up into a double red as well -
a minature version of the male.

I have Ste as a favourite seller on ebay - he does a tremendous job with his fish :good:

i like this thread! a happy story! :)

im going to stock a new tank, not sure whether to go with angelfish or tetra sized fish, but im loving these photos so would the cockatoo be fine with either type of tankmates?

also, whats the best combo, e.g. should have more females than males or a pair is fine? i wouldn't mind breeding them, is it easy?

its a 130litre tank...

Great ending :D How are they doing now? New photos? That female is so pretty :wub:

Did you make any complaints to the Royal Mail for their ridiculous mistake?

I drove from Wrexham to Ste's place to pick up my Laetacara and Apistogrammoides and found it very difficult to leave :p Beautiful fish room, and the fish are just so brilliantly well looked after. Ste's heck of a nice bloke too, really helpful and told me that I'd probably become addicted to cichlids after buying my guys (he was right!).

I can't praise Ste enough and really look forward to being able to buy from him in the future ^^

Here are some pics of my apistogramma's
DSCF9750.jpg

Male Apistogramma Cacatuoide
DSCF9751.jpg

DSCF9752.jpg

Male /2 female Apistogramma Cacatuoides & female Bolivian Ram
DSCF9755.jpg

DSCF9756.jpg

Male/female Apistogramma agassizi
DSCF9757.jpg

Male Apistogramma agassizi

Hello everyone, i was doing a bit of online research and my googling brought me to your fantastic forum.. I browsed through the forum and stumbled across this thread, it began to turn into the Ste12000 tribute thread so i thought id thank you all for your kind comments.

Posting any fish at this time of year is both reckless and dangerous, ive currently put on hold all outstanding postal orders until after christmas and all current auctions are collection only.

Merry Christmas to all and i hope to stick around and join in with you guys..

Hello everyone, i was doing a bit of online research and my googling brought me to your fantastic forum.. I browsed through the forum and stumbled across this thread, it began to turn into the Ste12000 tribute thread so i thought id thank you all for your kind comments.

Posting any fish at this time of year is both reckless and dangerous, ive currently put on hold all outstanding postal orders until after christmas and all current auctions are collection only.

Merry Christmas to all and i hope to stick around and join in with you guys..

haha! i didn't see this post before,, Nice one Ste my fish are still well alive and happy! Both growing in size now aswell
Thanx again for all ya help
:D

Most reactions

Back