Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlid

postman been. and no fish :( not looking good :/

Mine did that, then came back 10 minutes later with the fish. I could have punched him.

lol

i'm keeping my fingers crossed, but i did go back out and ask him and as i'm out in a little village, he normally does it, Just hoping ste didn't send them yesterday, although he said he was going to :/

You'd have a letter from the posty surely saying you missed the delivery.. If the fish aren't there by 1pm, contact Ste and ask him when he posted them. If he did post them yesterday it could be bad news.

James_Fish, you have a very very nice female there mate. Make suer you breed them! Those fin colours SHOULD breed true for most fry..

I had a female with more fin colouring then that, loved that girl. She was an awsome looking female, no one believe she was a female. But she laid eggs, was a fantastic mother too. Sadly, lost her in the move, along with the male :(

Have a trio again though :D One of the females is about as coloured in the fins as yours (bought them from the same breeder as last time).

Good luck with them everyone who has them :D Favourite freshwater fish of mine, along with the black ghost knife fish which i also have! :D

postman been. and no fish :( not looking good :/

Mine did that, then came back 10 minutes later with the fish. I could have punched him.

lol

i'm keeping my fingers crossed, but i did go back out and ask him and as i'm out in a little village, he normally does it, Just hoping ste didn't send them yesterday, although he said he was going to :/

You'd have a letter from the posty surely saying you missed the delivery.. If the fish aren't there by 1pm, contact Ste and ask him when he posted them. If he did post them yesterday it could be bad news.

Spoke to ste,, they were sent, have a tracking number - says - We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 24/11/10.

whats the guaranteed time? 1?
10 mins to go!
:crazy:

:( not looking good, just phoned my local post sorting office, they say it was sent yesterday, meant to arrive at another to then be transported to my local office, but it never got scanned again after it left ste's office

By the way things are looking :rip: :fish:

Not the best start to ordering online
:(

Could they last 2 days in postal system?

It's ...possible. But not probable. It depends on how good the heat pack is and if they were "starved" of food for a couple days before to reduce waste.

Sounds like a royal mail cockup to me, or someone stole your fish.

i'm gutted to say the least! :( and poor fish, lets hope their hardcore and can take the wait!

Yeah, do you know what will happen if they don't arrive full stop?? I know ste does a dead on arrival refund clause, but they never arrived, so this could be taken to royal mail to provide a full refund, I don't know..

But poor fish, being stuck in a bag for that long. Is it possible for you to contact ste's local sorting office, and find if they have the parcel still?? maybe that way ste can go collect the fish and save them.

James_Fish, you have a very very nice female there mate. Make suer you breed them! Those fin colours SHOULD breed true for most fry..

I had a female with more fin colouring then that, loved that girl. She was an awsome looking female, no one believe she was a female. But she laid eggs, was a fantastic mother too. Sadly, lost her in the move, along with the male :(

Have a trio again though :D One of the females is about as coloured in the fins as yours (bought them from the same breeder as last time).

Good luck with them everyone who has them :D Favourite freshwater fish of mine, along with the black ghost knife fish which i also have! :D

Cheers mate :good:

James.

The same thing happened to me when I got a couple of female Rams from ste a while a go, he`d sent them out one day via Next Day delivery which meant postie should have delivered by 1pm.
When they hadn`t turned up by about 13.20pm I panicked thinking of these poor little Rams being stuck in the system, I emailed ste to let him know I still hadn`t received them but lo and behold about 5 mins later a postie in a van pulled up and knocked the door.
Needless to say I was relieved that the Rams had arrived but I didn`t half have a go at the postie about not getting the service that had been paid for!! :crazy:

Ste as the Seller would be responsible for claiming anything back from RM and I`m sure he wouldn`t hesitate to arrange more fish to be sent out to you IF it turned to be worse case scenario ;)

Ste is very good with posting, it would be an issue down to Royal Mail. Did you stress that they were/are live fish in the package?

Well the day is up for me! no fish arrived! not happy with Royal Crappy Mail at all,
my local office has nothing for me "although done there best to try and help track parcel!
Says it was tracked leaving Ste's local office, But never arrived at the local Royal Mail hub,, which then is meant to go to my local office
i phoned the local hub they didn't give a monkeys and were rude and wouldn't even check there tracking system, just said sorry no, everything has gone out! be with you tomorrow i guess!
Hellooooo!!!!!! i paid for next day!!

whats this on there website??

17600312_TPA_promo_sd9.gif

I think not!!

Although spoke to my local postman, "nice chap" if the parcel is there in the morning he's going to bring it to me first on his round,
spoke to Ste,, He has confidence in his fish and packaging they could possible last 2 days.. and gotta give him a shout back tomorrow when i know whats what,

Overall not a great first attempt at ordering online,, I don't blame ste in anyway, Just crappy mail,
Took half a day of work and now gotta wait in the morning till postie gets here again,, For what could be 2 dead cockatoo's

Anyway, Sorry rant over! On another note, Got some nice new amazon swords delivered this morning for my tanks!
:D

Well the day is up for me! no fish arrived! not happy with Royal Crappy Mail at all,
my local office has nothing for me "although done there best to try and help track parcel!
Says it was tracked leaving Ste's local office, But never arrived at the local Royal Mail hub,, which then is meant to go to my local office
i phoned the local hub they didn't give a monkeys and were rude and wouldn't even check there tracking system, just said sorry no, everything has gone out! be with you tomorrow i guess!
Hellooooo!!!!!! i paid for next day!!

whats this on there website??

17600312_TPA_promo_sd9.gif

I think not!!

Although spoke to my local postman, "nice chap" if the parcel is there in the morning he's going to bring it to me first on his round,
spoke to Ste,, He has confidence in his fish and packaging they could possible last 2 days.. and gotta give him a shout back tomorrow when i know whats what,

Overall not a great first attempt at ordering online,, I don't blame ste in anyway, Just crappy mail,
Took half a day of work and now gotta wait in the morning till postie gets here again,, For what could be 2 dead cockatoo's

Anyway, Sorry rant over! On another note, Got some nice new amazon swords delivered this morning for my tanks!

Thats a pretty sucky situation mate.. Sorry to hear about it.

Good on the posty for offering to bring them to you first :good:, i'll have my fingers crossed for your fish.

Ste is very good with posting, it would be an issue down to Royal Mail. Did you stress that they were/are live fish in the package?

Yer i know,. Royal Crappy Mail.. Yep my local postman, Was well interested, he keeps fish and has never delivered them before and didn't know you could,.
so we had a good chat about fish for 5 mins, lol
also the local office were also just as interested about the fact i was receiving live fish, and chatted to them about fish keeping and buying online from UK breeders aswell.

The central hub office though, Different story! as i said before, wouldn't even check the tracking number, and didn't care, it was sorry warehouse is empty, Prob be here tomorrow :sly:

Thats a pretty sucky situation mate.. Sorry to hear about it.

Good on the posty for offering to bring them to you first :good:, i'll have my fingers crossed for your fish.

Thanx mate! I just feel for the fish as well. Poor little things stuck in the bag, And its proper cold at the mo, At least if it was summer, The heat factor might not be some much a issue.
WIll keep ya posted! Fingers crossed they make it alive and well

Most reactions

Back