Dwarf African Clawed Frog Out Of Water?

GoultyUK

Reaction score
I have a tank with 2 Dwarf African Clawed Frogs and they seem happy and eating well and get along with the fish in the tank. I know they come up for air but one of them sits on a sucker, that holds a air pipe, and is almost completley out of the water and he sits there for along time and sometimes the other frog sits under him with the head out of the water is this normal/ok

hi!

for species clarification it may be easier for other members if you refer to them as ADF (simply African Dwarf Frogs) - while they may be sometimes referred to as dwarf clawed, it can lead to confusion with the larger species ACF (African Clawed Frogs) lol

for ADF, it is normal for them to sometimes perch. If this goes on for an excessive amount of time (the greater part of an hour), I may become worried about water quality (temperature, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate) But in general I would not worry.

I used to notice mine climbing up on a little floating log every now and then and "surveying" the area before diving back down.

7434_100587469963989_100000382100838_14571_3505365_n.jpg

Most reactions

Back