Dward Cichlids in a Community

Liliano

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

Was reading somewhere the other day that some Dwarf Cichlids and Rams are peaceful enough to put in a community.

Is it true? Has anyone done this before?

I myself have a ram in my comunity tank. Very nice. Yet shy may hide by plants. I dont know bout thate other fish.

the combination I have works with dwarf cichlids in community. so yes it can be done under careful selection

Thanks guys

Would you recommend that only one krib/ram in a community or do they need to have company.

It all depends on the tank size, i wouldnt advise adding dwarf cichlids to a community in a tank less than 30 gallons. Dwarfs are best kept in pairs or groups depending on their social behaviour, kribs and rams preffer pairs but most Appistogramma species preffer groups of one male and several females.

If you see my sig. I have an apisto in my 20 gallon with my other inhabitants. He is one of the two bosses of the tank for sure, but he does zero damage to anyone, just gets people away from HIS food. :) He has never been a problem to my other fish.

Thankfully I'm not putting anything in my weeney tank :D - I was enquiring for someone at work - I've seen photo's of his tank is practically the length of his living room the only space issues he will have is what to fill it with LOL

I've read that rams and kribs are ok in a community tank as long as it's relatively peaceful and there's some small shoal fish in there too. Apparently they keep an eye on the small fish to warn of any danger, if the small fish get spooked they get spooked.

HTH

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back