Dumb Brother Screwed Up Cpu Need Help D:

GAB99

Jack Of All Trades
Reaction score
my computer has been expieriencing real bad problems since my brother went onto a sketchy website and thinking that ill be the one who gets into trouble if anyone finds out. he got busted but now the computer's messed up. problems include : multiple pop ups from different sources about registry errors, not being allowed to go onto the internet, being redirected to different serach engines when clicking on a link on google, getting information from different sources ive never heard of about trojans and spyware on the cpu and redirecting me to purchase an antivirus, and not so recently pop ups, lots and lots of pop ups. also it renders my antivirus (microsoft security essentials) completedley useless and in need of reinstallment every 3 days, with near complete computer infection starting at around day 7 in which on day 6 i restore the computer to as far back as possible so i have more time.

this would be the second time the computer has had anything go wrong with it since i dont stray too from my rut of websites (less then 20)

also been told that MSE was the best free thing to download to protect your computer but thats complete BS, only solved the pop up problem.

so please if anyone can help fix this stupid 6 year old PC id really appreciate it

and dont tell me to get a mac becuase i dont have the money and will probably not be able to purchase my own computer for the next few years as i have no job (too young) but cpu will be replaced eventually

parent do not know cpu is screwed up so itd help if there was a way to do this without getting them involved as it usually leads to me getting grounded :)

ok trying this again...

my husband the computer guru said go to safer-networking.org and download spybot search and destroy. good luck. quit looking at pawno gab!

Download this: http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Boot into Safe Mode. (Tap F8 while booting up).
Install it, reboot (Safe Mode again).
Run a FULL SCAN, and clean up anything it picks up.
Reboot. (Safe Mode again).
Full scan AGAIN, yes twice.

Reboot normally.
Press the Windows key + R at the same time.
In the box that appears, type cmd.
In this new black console thing, type "sfc /scannow" (No quotes).
Wait for it to finish, reboot.

Now you should be out of the woods.

Oh and please learn what a CPU is, this is a CPU:
monitor-cpu-temperature.jpg

This is a computer:
imgB94258.jpg

You can't "Screw up" your CPU by going on dodgy websites.

everything TF just said but if it was me personally i would run a 2nd scanner to pick up anything MWB might have missed

the 2nd best after MWB is super anti malware

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back