Duck Weed

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

mike455555

i need to stop buying plants....
Reaction score
anyone have any nonĀ chemicalĀ treatments to get rid of duck week in a tank?, im thinking outĀ completing, i have riccia andĀ Ā salvinia natans to hand. im manually removing most of itĀ Ā 

I can't be much of a help, as I'm fighting the duckweed battle myself :angry: So I will be interested to see what others come up with...

iv only got 4 weeks to get rid of it.... im thinking just manually removing any i see... but im bound to miss 1....Ā 

Every weekley wc I net all of it out, but I must miss one here or there, bc it keeps coming back, and with daily ferts and liquid co2 it's multiplying fast lol

To remove it i just manually picked it out everytime i went past the tank, i won the battle within a week
Ā 
Mind you i just introduced it to a 4ft tank, by choice *L*

Yeah, my tank is a 4fter too, and I was so excited to try it lol

Have you tried introducing a duck?Ā  Might help.

I am propagating it on purpose for the goldies....cant grow it in their tank cause they eat it quicker than it can grow

Try Silver Dollars they eat it.
fish.gif
fish.gif

Unfortunately, I think they are probably about as unsuitable a solution as a duck would be. :/

That is fine, but ultimately, they also grow to be quite huge and need a giant tank to house them properly, not to mention that they aren't compatible with smaller species.

i think its fish each bit out one by one... -sigh-Ā 

Pun intended?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back