Dry Fertilizer Mix

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

irodri25

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi so im just starting to add macros to my tank I have magnesium sulfate, potassium sulfate. and potassium nitrate. If I want to make a mix for a 55 gallon..how much of each salt should I add and how much water to the mix. If there is anyway I can just pour the salts in the tank individually than that would be great also I just need to know a quantity. Please help

Have you got dosing spoons there normally in teaspoons or mine i got from tnc are tad dash pinch etc ?

Here is a link to there calculator http://www.thenutrientcompany.com/aquarium/calculators

If you feel comfortable adding them direct to the tank its easy enough they dont have to be level sppons just consistant

If you dont have spoons on the calculator it gives the option to change to grams and also how to make a liquid

I have roughly the same size tank ill check what i dose i cant remember from the top of my head

Also the calculator is for estimitive index dosing not sure if you habe read up on this basically you dose so no nutrient ever runs out the every week do a 50% water change to reset the tank then start again

I believe there is other systems but im not sure on them are you using co2?

I am using co2

o do have measuring spoons also and that would be so helpful thank you I just want to do it directly

I cant see the page :(

IMO you dont need the potassium sulphate as the potassium is in with the potassium nitrate and the sulphate is in with the magnesium sulphate, you do however need a trace mix, added on alternate days to the rest.   

ok awesome what about potassium phosphate is that needed? and yes i have been giving flourish comprehensive on alternate days is that ok?

Potassium Nitrate, Monopotassium Phosphate and you can use the Flourish as your Trace mix, Calcium and Magnesium.

HTH

irodri25 said:
ok awesome what about potassium phosphate is that needed? and yes i have been giving flourish comprehensive on alternate days is that ok?
yes you need phosphate:)

if i didnt put any phosphate what are the deficiencies that can be caused by lack of phosphates?

irodri25 said:
if i didnt put any phosphate what are the deficiencies that can be caused by lack of phosphates?
Phosphorus deficiency. As it's one of the 3 macro's it's fairly important. But a lack of it is ultimately algae,

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back