Driving me flicking mad

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Leigh

Reaction score
In a recent posting you encourged people to divulge their problems, well here goes.

Most of my fish are flicking and rubbing against objects in the tank.

The main culprites are my two pentazon barbs who look decidedly shiny, especially on their underbellys. They also have what appear to be tiny flicks of gold dust on them and their gills are red.

None of the other fish display such symptons but most still flick and rub all over the place.

There are no white spots on any of the fish, and I have drowned them in anti slime and velvet treatment to try and solve the problem (not the best use of the word drowned i accept).

Also my fighting fish looks like it has lepracy with it's tail all ragged and missing. There are no obvious signs of fin rot in the tank. My 2 (south american) puffer fish very occasionally have a pop at the fighter, but the damage looks more "manky" and is in areas of the tail not prone to nipping.

Finally, one of my puffer fish has what looks like piece of white food stuck in between his teeth or just above them. It has been there for about a month. Could this be a parasite? its about 3mm long.

Apart from the above all is fine!

Take care people and thanks for your anticipate help

Before anyone answers I think we need a full list of your water parameters. Ph, ammoina, Nitrate, nitrite :D

When was your last water change and clean. Is there any new additions to the tank :)

Think that will do :D

Leigh in addition to Davy's Q's can I ask you to include plants and rocks if you've added anything new. And a detailed description of the fish' physical appearence(change in colour/fading, swimming habbits). We await your reply.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back