FishForums.net Fish of the Month
πŸ† Click to vote! πŸ†

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
πŸ† Tank of the Year πŸ†
3x Fish of the Month 🌟
4x Tank of the Month πŸ†
Reaction score
Had the chance to acquire a fish ive always wanted last weekend. My favourite Cichlid πŸ™‚

Ive only ever seen them once in person and they were juvenile under a name i didnt know them as at the time.

Quite rare here in the UK compared to other Cichlids so i was over the moon when i happened to fall upon the chance to bring him home.

Had me worried all week tho, hes a fussy eater and not been eating too much but now really settled in and started eating this weekend. Bug bites was the winning combo in getting him chopping awayπŸ˜‹

So i now have a Herichthys Carpintis πŸ˜πŸ’™πŸŸ
20240225_192319.jpg
20240225_192315.jpg

Oooosh thats nice! Any other info on it? Location etc? A long long time ago you had the best Central American store near you called Oddball Express so I bet you get quite a few good quality centrals knocking about.

Wills

Oooosh thats nice! Any other info on it? Location etc? A long long time ago you had the best Central American store near you called Oddball Express so I bet you get quite a few good quality centrals knocking about.

Wills
No they just had him down as a Blue Texas in the store. High grade tho Wills 😍 conditions a1. Fussy bloody eater tho.

I was lucky in the end as i took a drive over to shirley aquatics but i was really disappointed and i was in and out in 10 mins. Thought id swing by a local garden centre aquatics place on the route home and was buzzing when i clapped eyes on this chapπŸ™‚

A local restaurant had a full sized one in a large and properly maintained tank. I admit, I ate there a few more times than the quality of the food justified. They are so beautiful.

A local restaurant had a full sized one in a large and properly maintained tank. I admit, I ate there a few more times than the quality of the food justified. They are so beautiful.
They mesmerize me! that Neon blue is just insane. They are beautiful indeed😍

No they just had him down as a Blue Texas in the store. High grade tho Wills 😍 conditions a1. Fussy bloody eater tho.

I was lucky in the end as i took a drive over to shirley aquatics but i was really disappointed and i was in and out in 10 mins. Thought id swing by a local garden centre aquatics place on the route home and was buzzing when i clapped eyes on this chapπŸ™‚

Its great isnt it when it happens - I was once in a random farm shop in the middle of nowhere, really deep East Yorkshire, off the beaten track and noticed they had an aquatics section - god awful set up inside and tanks of skinny run of the mill species but then in one tank an 8 inch Satanoperca Daemon... stunning fish but nothing I could do as didnt have the right tank at all at the time. Often wonder what happened to it...

I got a pair of not really rare but hard to find Nannacara anomala one time, from a hole in the wall petshop in a small town I was passing through. They were young and became good breeders. The owner of the store said he thought all Cichlids were "Africans" and that I could have these s&&& fish for cheap just to get them out of the store. I was happy to help him.

That fish is gorgeous, & looks like it's been kept by itself, no old injuries... I had seen these from one of the on line sellers I monitor... probably much more common in the USA... I thought they were pretty aggressive...

reading on "Seriously Fish" their breeding routine and color changes look interesting, but sound like they occasionally get too aggressive during mating, & they recommend having a tank divider available... I had a similar experience with a pair of mature Tilapia, that were mating... my male ended up killing the female, I think, because I didn't get them separated soon enough, & the male beat up the female, because she quit laying eggs, after she had a mouth full... anyway, good information here...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back