Dr. Tims Aquatics Ammonium Chloride solution

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Many people do not want to have live plants, and in this case it is better to use ammonia to cycle the tank before fish are added.
Gross mistake ! Plants are essential to fishes and aquarium balance.

Not everyone is prepared to have live plants even if we think they are essential, I'm afraid.

I'm afraid also......... it is a lack of repect for fishes vital life conditions. It is desperate.

Many people do not want to have live plants, and in this case it is better to use ammonia to cycle the tank before fish are added.
Even when people do want plants but only one or maybe two slow growing plants, again it is better to cycle with ammonia first.

The OP may or may not want live plants @Rocky998 can you give us an idea of what you plan for plants, if any?
Java ferns and some anubias.

NOPE !
No need to add anything to naturally cycle a tank.
How do you think our elders cycled without any gadgets ?
I never ever add ammonium and cycle has always naturally be done.
All what is needed is substrate, plants, light, and water. That is all.
Our great elders had very simple thinking when it came to cycling... Including sacrificing fish to HOPEFULLY get a tank started. Now we have a better knowledge about tanks and how to cycle them. And ive read about ammonium cycling and its a very natural way... Ammonium chloride is technically the same chemical fish pee/poop out so I'm cycling the tank before fish get in... That way they dont accidentally die... And "plant cycling" wont work for me because the plants I want are slow growing meaning they don't take in nitrites/nitrates as fast as others so it wont do any good. The fact is different people have different things that work best for them. I like fishless cycling, you like plant cycling, and others like fish-in cycling.

Gross mistake ! Plants are essential to fishes and aquarium balance.
No... Think about it... We act as the plants when we do water changes... Actually we act as two things: plants and the water cycle. Also nature is needed for a "happy fish life" your fish doesnt want to be in a cage it wants to roam its natural rivers, lakes, oceans, and swamps. We just take them in as a sort of "decor" for our homes. Its sad but its true. You may say: no I got it because I wanted to care for an aquarium... Which may be true but deep down the real reason was cause you knew it would look nice. We all want our fish to live happy lives but we all know they'd be happier in their real enviorments and not in a container.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back