Doin the do

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

The female I think produces the eggs when she sees the Male and his bubble nest she likes and they are somehow magically fertilized, I am confused as to that part. I think I read that the female goes into some sort of coma for a while after the lovin'

The female I think produces the eggs when she sees the Male and his bubble nest she likes and they are somehow magically fertilized, I am confused as to that part. I think I read that the female goes into some sort of coma for a while after the lovin'
Yeh its that coma part .. just why!? haha

Witnessed some more T-position antics and then noticed that the female then holds the eggs clasped between her pectoral fins for a while before she sticks them
IMG_20201005_083327_chroma.jpg

Do they eat their eggs? Looks like she's got away with the last cookie in the jar and he's after her:lol:

In the betta video you can see right at first the female tries to break away and make for the egg, but too late. Maybe nature makes his squeezes put her in a coma so she won't get in his way while he puts the eggs in the bubble nest...
Does she just stick them on the glass, or just anywhere?

Do they eat their eggs? Looks like she's got away with the last cookie in the jar and he's after her:lol:
:rofl:

whilst they do chase her, I don't think they do so to eat the eggs. When she sticks them to wherever, the males don't stop to feast on the eggs, but if later they happen to find one during their constant scavenging about, then they'll gobble it up.

Last edited:
:rofl:

whilst they do chase her, I don't think they do so to eat the eggs. When she sticks them to wherever the males don't stop to feast on the eggs, but if later they happen to find one during their constant scavenging about, then they'll gobble it up.
Maybe she has to decide the exact placement, but I think she is just messing with him for kicks.
I'm trying to find your advice about my eggs but can't find where it is.
Anyway, they were 2 or three days old.
One remains after 4 days.
I am struggling with worrying about whether to put a group into the 6g or leave them in the main tank, my 20g. Think I'll try both.
Did a 90% wc a while ago and the 6g tank is ready for some rainbow lovin'. I had one fry in a breeder box in there but was waiting until it grew a bit. It's now in a 3.5 tank, loving it, also did a major water change today and it's really swimming. About ready for daphnia, too

I'm very glad it's out I was having a hard time keeping the box clean and working around the one egg, now dangling from a small stem and,I can see the black part. Now that I have seen it I feel better about judging if the eggs are viable, which clears up my confusion
Here is the fry
20201005_022236.jpg

And the one little egg, really blurry. Spots are gross but inside is clean ..
20201005_022043.jpg

I really really want to breed these fish, they are amazing with great personality and activity.

Okay, so very tired, late here.
:unsure:

Ah wonderful! grabbed some of this to give em :good:
IMG_20201005_174234.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back