Doin the do

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Have you guys read back on this thread!!. I take it these are catfish eggs, really mum and dad not interested if fed well, what else is in the tank. You are going to get a few growing up, that's good, how many do you want?. If you want to make money off them that's a different story
@itiwhetu Just for fun to be honest, not considered it being a money making scheme, don't think I've got the time for that. I'd keep them all, its a 52 gallon with just 13 adult cories in there at the moment. My only concern is inbreeding so not sure how many I should keep together?
@AdoraBelle Dearheart I've got some Hikari first bites, ideally would have some baby brine shrimp but never got round to obtaining any.. might still have chance.
@itiwhetu The tank has changed dramatically from my signature pic.. I had to uproot everything when I moved the barbs out. It is planted now but not as heavily yet, and the substrate is new, so not sure how well the fry would do and what they'd feed on with regards to infusoria as i think it will be lacking?

@itiwhetu Just for fun to be honest, not considered it being a money making scheme, don't think I've got the time for that. I'd keep them all, its a 52 gallon with just 13 adult cories in there at the moment. My only concern is inbreeding so not sure how many I should keep together?
@AdoraBelle Dearheart I've got some Hikari first bites, ideally would have some baby brine shrimp but never got round to obtaining any.. might still have chance.
@itiwhetu The tank has changed dramatically from my signature pic.. I had to uproot everything when I moved the barbs out. It is planted now but not as heavily yet, and the substrate is new, so not sure how well the fry would do and what they'd feed on with regards to infusoria as i think it will be lacking?
Feed them on egg yoke as my post " First food" they will get enough. Algae discs are great after about 1 hour scrunch them up they will spread through the base for the little guys. You just don't want anything with a big mouth in there.

They're constantly at it this week, starting to feel bad for the female(s) (there might be two).. what might calm them down? Raising the temp a bit? Or need I not worry?

@NCaquatics @itiwhetu hey both, the first fry hatched Thurs morning, reckon I start feeding tomorrow? Is there a way to know when they're ready? Thanks

Id say you can offer a first feeding tonight, I usually do mine the 3rd day

*VIEWER'S DISCRETION* :look:
Saw them performing the notorious "T-position"
From wiki -
"When these fish reproduce, the male will present his abdomen to the female. The female will attach her mouth to the male's genital opening, creating the well-known "T-position" many Corydoras exhibit during courtship. The female will then drink the sperm."

Clearly I am going to need therapy

Most reactions

trending

Back