Doin the do

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

This only just occurred to me, but lets say these eggs hatch and the fry grow up to adults, what are the chances of inbreeding? Should you not really keep your own fish's fry for risk of inbreeding?

I suppose theres a ratio that is critical - if I have 25 and 5 of those are known to be offspring then should be ok? But then, what are the chances the ones obtained from lfs are siblings?

You just never know.
I think its good to keep them from a variety of sources to keep good genetic diversity

6 more eggs collected today! She was laying them whilst I had my hands in the tank doing some planting, she has no shame! Haha
Have none of the first ones you collected hatched yet? How long ago were they laid?

I also need a top tip for getting the eggs off my fingers or whatever into the pot. I used a bit of almond leaf to scrape it off my finger but now theyre stuck to various bits of leaf :confused:

Thats 9 eggs after today, with 4 closer to hatching than the rest
IMG_20200930_181942.jpg

Babies!!!

Eeek! What food do you have for them? Ooohh, do well, little guys! I wanna see them grow!

Have you guys read back on this thread!!. I take it these are catfish eggs, really mum and dad not interested if fed well, what else is in the tank. You are going to get a few growing up, that's good, how many do you want?. If you want to make money off them that's a different story

Have you guys read back on this thread!!. I take it these are catfish eggs, really mum and dad not interested if fed well, what else is in the tank. You are going to get a few growing up, that's good, how many do you want?. If you want to make money off them that's a different story
They're corydoras paleatus :D Only cories in that tank right now, but think @mbsqw1d is going to rear these himself.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back