Does Every Fish Keeper Do This Or Is It Just Me?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Noahsfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Sometimes when I arrive at my apartment from college and nobody's there I look at all my tanks..and then I think to myself "which tank looks the ugliest" and I'll take everything out, rearrange it and sometimes go out that same day to buy whatever I think the tank needs to wrap it up. I probably redo at least one tank once or twice a week, sometimes more often and sometimes less. So, am I "weird" as my girlfriend calls me or is this similar to what some of you fish keepers do, as far as weekly "maintenance"?

Not weird at all! I don't redecorate nearly that often but almost every week I switch things up. :)

I've been there but got over my tank OCD a long time ago ! ...I found a good neurologist :D

I don't change things up like that. But then again, I don't have time to. lol Check back in 5 years when the youngest is hopefully out on her own. :)

I don't quite think of it as ugliest but I certainly do decide it's time for a re-Aquascape from time to time...that's why I'm setting up the 10 gallon right now and breaking down the 6 gallon. Time for a change.

Every so often, every 1 to 2 months I change things around to give the tanks a different look. I think it is good stimulation for the fish as well! :)

tcamos said:
I don't quite think of it as ugliest but I certainly do decide it's time for a re-Aquascape from time to time...that's why I'm setting up the 10 gallon right now and breaking down the 6 gallon. Time for a change.
I did phrase that wrong. Something more on the lines of "time for a change"

Meeresstille said:
Every so often, every 1 to 2 months I change things around to give the tanks a different look. I think it is good stimulation for the fish as well! :)
Agreed, gives the more territorial fish something to do.

I took 9 months of changing my 260L around every water change week until I was finally content to let it grow out. Now every thing has re-rooted for the millionth time. Sucks I'm moving out in a few weeks and have to upturn it all when I don't want to!

I Rescape maybe 1-2 times a month. There's really only about 3 combinations which I like. Sometimes I just want to throw out all my plants and start anew. It's happened before :D

I tend to do a rescape every 3 months or so, everything comes out plants pruned and split, I have a stock pile of wood and stone that gets swapped around, I was told many years ago by an old fish keeper that its good for the fish to change territories regularly, as it replicates what happens in the wild after floods etc, how true this is I dont know, but I love watching my fish after a recape exploring new things and find new places to hide

Shadders said:
I tend to do a rescape every 3 months or so, everything comes out plants pruned and split, I have a stock pile of wood and stone that gets swapped around, I was told many years ago by an old fish keeper that its good for the fish to change territories regularly, as it replicates what happens in the wild after floods etc, how true this is I dont know, but I love watching my fish after a recape exploring new things and find new places to hide

Sounds legit, I guess with the floods it depends where the fish come from :)

Most reactions

trending

Back