Does Anyone Overstock Thier Tanks?

Depends what you mean by "over stocked". My tank has over 2" per gallon of fish in it.

Other than the big plec that I'm now having to home, I don't think it's over stocked, though it looks fully stocked at the moment.
 
i didnt say i dont do water changes! and my plants help a LOT! not saying it's an undertaking EVERYONE should do. dont know why i bother posting sometimes...people are way too sensitive!
did i accuse you of not doing water changes?! this is a forum, where people express opinions, etc

some people may see your post and see it as an okay thing to do, which in general it isnt.

Let's keep it calm here. After all, the thread is about overstocking. If it turns into anything but a reasonable discussion, I will have to close it.
 
i dont do it like that i never have

i measur stocking with fish agression compatibility size and personal manerisms
 
to be honest it depends what filtration you have in the tank, you cant stock a tank well with a weedy little filter
 
i would call 2"> per US gallon over stocked
Then by your definition, I'm over stocked, and I don't mind :D.

i dont do it like that i never have

i measur stocking with fish agression compatibility size and personal manerisms
Pretty much how I do it, as long as it's not causing any detectable problems for the fish though water stats, compatibility or space to move, I think it's OK.

Of course, other than maybe water stats, it can be hard for people to judge if a fish has enough room or is compatible with another species if they haven't spent a lot of time seeing how the species behaves in different set ups and/or read accounts or seen videos of them in the wild.

Also depends on standards, some people don't care if the fish are behaving normally, and for LFS's overstocking their tanks has a different meaning, as it's only temporary, they don't mind as long as the water stats are good and the fish aren't killing each other.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top