Does anyone know about breeding

sushi

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I've got a comet/shabunkun(bad spelling) and it's been chasing my fantail. Is it possibly for them to breed or is my comet just being bossy? :dunno:

IF anyone can help, it'd be really great. I can 't see the point in logging onto another forum just to ask one question :*) :no:

:D :p ;) :) :thumbs: :hey:

Breeding goldfish are really hard. First of all it is hard to tell the sexes between the 2, and most goldfish dont even spawn there eggs till they are full grown and are either in a pond or 3-4" long. Not sure that yours look like but there is some info about that. HTH

Hi sushi :)

Yes, comets sometimes do get a little aggressive toward their fancy and slower
moving tankmates.

I had this problem with one of mine when I kept them. :/

i woke up the other morning, looked over at my goldfish tank and freaked out because i thought one was beating the other up. i took a closer look and realized they were spawning. there were eggs everywhere. and the other fish i had in there (a little black moore) was going around scooping them up and having a delicious snack. i took him out and waited for them to finish. when i came back, they were done and were snacking on the eggs (i went from about 500 to 50) so i took them out. i dont know waht i would have done with 500 goldfish anyways. two days later i had a tank full of baby goldfish. its been almost a week and they are doing great:)
we have an empty pond so i suppose i will put them in there when they get bigger. glad i didnt end up with 500!!
im not sure why you want to breed goldfish (besides the fact that its very interesting.) i doubt you could sell the offspring to a lfs. or maybe you could...i just wouldnt do it because i know over half of them would die.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back