Does Anybody

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I do Muay Thai boxing...used to do Shotokan and Boxing...want to get into Judo and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

Did Wadoryu Karate-married life took its toll and now i've turned into a bit of a porker. Got to orange belt -nearly got my green.

American Kenpo, Parker system. Got as far as purple, the body doesn't heal the way it did when I was younger. I'd love to get back into it, but doing it right is real hands on, meaning going to work the next day with torn up joints & ribs.

I tried some Wadō-ryū for a few months to...preferred Shōtōkan tho (at the time).

Not a fan of Taekwondo...i mean its effective against a mugger or somebody clueless in Martial arts...but its kinda flashy and not effective.

I definitely urge anybody with a nasty streak to try Muay Thai...i actually quit boxing recently (after 11 years...although i still use the heavy bag at home everyday) because it wasn't nasty enough....i prefer fighting with knees and elbows in my combination's...on top of kicks and strikes with hands.

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is becoming one of the most popular martial arts in the world now...although i prefer the throws of Judo...triangle chokes and Omoplatas etc of BJJ are really good.

MMA (Mixed Martial arts/Cage Fighting) is good for Martial Arts as a whole.....everyone seems interested again now :) the main interest kind died in the early 90's outside of Asia....now its getting big again.

I deffo love competitive Martial arts...not the movie kind/ stunt type stuff...al the Shaolin style Gung Fu should be kept to Shaolins because its plain stupid lol.

Heres some training we were doing in the backyard the other day (me and 3 mates do a few hours everyday after work)

7831_275538045467_616110467_8728224_6490975_n.jpg

7831_271514260467_616110467_8652053_3908145_n.jpg

(im the blonde one)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back