Does Anybody Like Going Fishing

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i go fishing well loads if i go dwn the river i catch a few roach and go pikeing but if i go lake tench and carping.

When I lived in California I did quite a bit. I did some 1-2 day trips on the ocean a few times for tuna but usually went up to the mountains and fished creeks for trout. I did some striper and bluegill fishing too. Now that I'm in Colorado I get out some but not as much. Usually for trout.

I like to go crabbing. I live near the ocean and in the late summer there are a lot of blue claws to be trapped. :D

Ahhh, I love to fish. I'm quite an avid fisherman. I mainly fish for Largemouth Bass, pound-for-pound the toughest fighting fish out there. There is nothing like watching a 5 pound largemouth explode on a surface popper. No comparrison to the feeling of a bass hitting the soft plastic you just pitched into a lilly pad bed. OH MAN! Gets my adrenaline pumping every time!

In the early spring I'll trout fish in areas that are stocked, just for dinner, very few naitive trout close to my house, I'd have to travel, 30-45 minutes north to the mountains to catch any real naitives.

I also like using a 5 foot ultra-lightweight rod with 1 or 2 pound test rigged with inline spinners, like Rooster Tails, and going after bluegill and sunfish. A 1/2 pound fish with that tackle feels like a lunker!!

^^^ I'm with ya there with the light tackle. Tbh, I don't see much fun in catching a 2lb trout with 10lb test. Take the same fish and put it on 2 lb test or a 25 lb albacore on 15 lb test, it's a lot more fun!

Decent sized barracuda on 10-12 lb and a med light wt rod can be quite the adventure too!

im not a huge fan.. only beacause a friend once took me on an all night fishing trip, and all i caught was a cold
sad1.gif
but on the upside i love being outdoors :)

In the year 1987, I actually got South African National Angling colours.. however, those years, South Africa was still banned from international participation due to the Apartheids policy.... So, I never had the opportunity to angle against any other country....

Competition angling is more like hard work than fun.

I love fishing,infact if I'm not on this computer and it's not a hunting season that I go for I'm almost surely fishing.I do all kinds of fishing from freshwater bass to saltwater bass and back on down to Ice fishing in the winter.Tho My favorite is trout fishing with a fly rod.For anyone who's a fisherperson that hasn't tried fly fishing yet:You really need to go try right now.It's a whole new level of angling fun.My wife says I have a perma-grin while fly fishing.

This is a consortium photo of some of the fish I have caught... (a long time ago)... show us some of yours.

scan0001-3.jpg

Living near the sea (5minutes away) i get to go fishing quite a bit. Mostly we get flounders round here. On a good day you can get 10-15 decent size uns. You can if you on a boat get dogfish, eels and whatnot but i liek shore fishing more convenient.

also living near the sea i used to go fishing for flounder, whiting and what ever else liked my bait!
now i stick to fresh water (bit windy on the promenade nowadays!)
i go down the canal for perch, rudd and carp. sometimes up the river for rainbow and brown trout, and later on for salmon, get some big salmon up the river. getting my fly gear ready again for this year, normally camp out up there and spend a couple of days fishing.

My dad took me fishing all the time. Prior to getting our own boat, we surf casted. Used to come up with flounder, blowfish, spider crabs and sea robins. Off the party boats we would go for bluefish. In the channels off Long Island and in the Great South Bay...fluke. Out by Montauk we would go for weakfish. Just this summer I took my son out for the first time on a party boat. Well, I had fun. I think he did too but running around the boat.

SH

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back