Do You Have A Quarintine Or Hospital Tank?

what do you have

  • quarantine

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hospital

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • both

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • none

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • never heard of them

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

aaronnorth

www.ukaps.org
Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
6,822
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Worksop, Notts, UK
just interested how many people actually have a spare tank, i think every one should have a small one for emergencys.

hospital - for raising fry

quarantine - for sick

i have a quarantine but only ever used it twice for finrot but i got a uv to stp it.
 
I should really set up one... But I have only ever had one disease outbreak in 3 years! And it was a bad one and wiped out ALL of my guppies :sad: . The nasty little thing were intestinal worms, and they were so ill I had to put them to sleep. But apart from that I should really set up one just in case.
 
Have two in the garage.
 
I have more spare aquatics equipment than I need my wife knowing about.
 
I have a few spare setups that I use as hospital/qt tank as the need arises. I don't have a tank that is specifically a hospital or qt tank.

Ryan
 
Hmmmm, i have a 10g for fry and guppies, and a 30g for fish and a 20g for fish, Nope no quarentine. I rely on my eye's and eperince to pick out the good fish from the bad ones.
 
I don't have a quarantine or hospital tank as such. I have numerous empty spare tanks of various sizes and run extra filters in my tanks so that if a fish needs temporarily separating i can just fill a tank with water from the tank the fish was in and drop in one of the spare filters.
 
I have more spare aquatics equipment than I need my wife knowing about.

lol, i use a polystyrene box, great for keeping heat in, i haven't used my spare tank either for last yr (only 1 year beacause that's when i bought it!) since going planted, i've found my fish to be a lot healthier, mainly beacuase of water parametres.
 
I have more spare aquatics equipment than I need my wife knowing about.

lol, i use a polystyrene box, great for keeping heat in, i haven't used my spare tank either for last yr (only 1 year beacause that's when i bought it!) since going planted, i've found my fish to be a lot healthier, mainly beacuase of water parametres.
I don't understand. You mean you feel they've been healthier because you started monitoring water parameters more closely in order to maintain the plants?
 
I have more spare aquatics equipment than I need my wife knowing about.

lol, i use a polystyrene box, great for keeping heat in, i haven't used my spare tank either for last yr (only 1 year beacause that's when i bought it!) since going planted, i've found my fish to be a lot healthier, mainly beacuase of water parametres.
I don't understand. You mean you feel they've been healthier because you started monitoring water parameters more closely in order to maintain the plants?

No because live plants use nitrates as fertiliser and give of oxygen in photosynthesis, high nitrates i think was the main problem (and the usual in most peoples cases) that i kelpt getting finrot and after upgrading my tank which chame with 2 x 24w HOT5's gave me the push to go planted, i already liked the look of planted tanks so i though why not, i don't think i could ever go back to plastics. I also get a lot less algae and the fishes colours have brightened and are much more deeper, especially my bosemani rainbows.

Put it this way, i have had no deaths or diseases since i went planted about 7months ago.
 
I don't have a quarantine or hospital tank as such. I have numerous empty spare tanks of various sizes and run extra filters in my tanks so that if a fish needs temporarily separating i can just fill a tank with water from the tank the fish was in and drop in one of the spare filters.
Same as CFC.
 
I have numerous empty tanks but i voted no because none of them are set up for either situation. I should really set one up for hospital, but as i dont see myself buying any new fish for a while i dont have a use for a quarantine tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top