Do You Guys Use Breeder Traps?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FBTgirl2

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Do you guys use breeder traps? I personally don't, I just heavily plant my tank for my pregnant females.

Too dont use them and dont like them.

Breeder tanks are similar but much larger. These can be used with much better results as the females get a large area to live in.
Well feed fish rarely eat their own fry.i rear most of my fry along side the adults.

I am much like HelterSkelter and use a birthing tank. This is a typical degree of cover that I would provide for any common livebearer although in this case I am really not trying to save fry so I have not isolated any females.
GuppyCover_640.jpg

i dont use them i find them terrible. :p

I used to use them just to let my fry live in until there big enough to be released into the tank, but i've never had them born in it.

ive had one birth in one before but it was a breeders net and she had 28 fry in it and i raised them in there...never used it again other than raising fry in it.

im new so im just thinking i would prob will not use the trap for the first time and see how many will live if nun live i will get a trap im not looking to keep the fry just would like to see what the fry would look like

i have 1 guppy male that has a really nice orange tail and half purple half silver body :D last monday i sow a some really nice females that has really nice red tailes i would love to see what the fry would look like :drool:

If you only want a few to survive, you don't even want a clump of moss as big as the one in my picture. That clump gives me very high fry survival rates.

Most reactions

Back