Do You Eat Fish?

Do you eat fish?

  • Yes, it doesnt bother me

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I dont like the taste

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I dont like eating it when i keep fish

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
This is akin to asking someone if they eat beef because they keep a dog (though mammals are usually all in one class, whereas fish can cover more than one).
Nice point. I don't eat mammals, though.

EDIT i force it on the kids tho. omega 3 and tuna sarnies all the way!

You know, fish get omega 3 from algae, and some kinds you can give your kids as a supplement.
 
Yumm, salmon.
My favorite restaurant has a huge marine tank, probably over 500 gallons, and I got a seat right up next to it and ordered fish. :)
 
i love fish!!!! especially monk fish
 
don't eat fish. I think it smells really good, but tastes terrible(don't you hate those foods). When ever I get fillets from family and friends I normally cook it up and feed it to the fish :rolleyes: .
 
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :shifty: i love fish! i love all different kinds of fish!
i hate it when i cook some beautiful rainbow trout and the girlfriend doesn't wanna eat it coz she saw it when it had eyes!!
lol i've always wanted to try something more exotic though, like tilapia :hyper:

does anyone know if its possible to get pangasius fillets or something?
 
I only really eat tuna mayo, i dont like any other fish.

I like prawns though :D
 
I only really eat tuna mayo, i dont like any other fish.

I like prawns though :D

This is a fish keeping forum not a vegetarian forum :P

I love Tuna :drool: , dont mind some other fish but prefer meat like beef, chicken etc :D
 
I keep catch and eat fish, yummy.

same for me to :good:

I've tried loads of different kinds of fish but the one i remember the most is swordfish :drool: zander/pike :drool:

I also used to smoke my own fish in this little smoking gadget i used to take fishing with me yummm :shifty:
 
I love fish, but most of the time I can only afford canned tuna. I love smoked salmon, but I love the $40 a good piece costs me a bit more.
 
"This is akin to asking someone if they eat beef because they keep a dog (though mammals are usually all in one class, whereas fish can cover more than one). "

Absolutely.

Plus the fact that if you keep a dog, you are already serving meat to somebody in the household.
And if you keep fish and feed them on conventional fish foods, then you are asking somebody else to kill fish on your behalf.
 
I keep fish and eat fish, doesn't bother me at all. I have even thought about taking it one step futher, eating a fish I have raised.

I don't mean looking into a tank and thinking, boy that guppy looks tasty, but purposefully buying a fast growing fish (say tilapia or even a pacu etc.) and raising it for the intention of eating it once it got to the right size (ie big enough to eat, but not too big that its quality of life suffered from living in a tank too small). In many ways it would be similar to rearing your own chickens or a pig.

What's put me off is I read somewhere that some medications can cause cancer, and lacking a brand new tank that I know hasn't seen any meds or other unkown chemicals to raise this fish in means it probably isn't worth the risk. Would be nice if someone could clear this up for me or to hear from someone if they had done this before.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top