Do Let This Happen To You !

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I got reverse MTS a couple years ago. Just got sick of all my tanks and tore them down, all except my rainbow tank. Now I'm a little more relaxed and slow paced about it. I've set up a 10g long tank that is awaiting fish while the plants grow up, and a 5g live food tank. Planning to do a 29g paludarium if I ever get around to it.
Nah, you are going to go bigger! I found these guys for you, and they would look great in Wyoming:
1616798578210.png

Nah, you are going to go bigger! I found these guys for you, and they would look great in Wyoming:
View attachment 132710
Wouldn't it be a gas to have a humongous tank with a chiller and keep native fish ? The Cabela's Store here in Billings MT just got a Pallid Sturgeon for their tank. They showed it on the news in their big tank with some huge Lake Trout. Seems like a bad mix to me. Warm water river fish with trout ? They'll kill it.

Wouldn't it be a gas to have a humongous tank with a chiller and keep native fish ? The Cabela's Store here in Billings MT just got a Pallid Sturgeon for their tank. They showed it on the news in their big tank with some huge Lake Trout. Seems like a bad mix to me. Warm water river fish with trout ? They'll kill it.
It would be extremely cool. I have looked at it for the 150g I keep at the dentist's office, but chillers are cost-prohibitive.

Since pallid sturgeons are endangered, I'd guess they probably had to go through all sorts of approvals from the Montana and USFWS, so they probably know what they're doing. (???) But it does seem like an odd choice. I'd think browns or sauger, or even flathead chubs, would be a better match.

Eleven months since I signed up here.
I’ve now got five tanks, only two in use. One to be kept for emergency/QT. Two are going onto eBay or similar soon.
Theyll eventually be replaced by a betta trio tank for breeding, hatching and grow out if that’d work? I’ll be running that by you lot in a couple of months.

Yeah, @PheonixKingZ Don't get rid of them. Even if you don't use them at times you'll need one of them for something sooner or later. Marine tank ? You must be planning on being a millionaire pretty soon.
Hehe, I wish. :hey:

I may save you to get quite a large tank, so I can’t house a Lion Fish. (Which is my dream fish)

Lionfish are boring, they sit in a corner somewhere and cruise around after lights out. The only time they do anything else is when they stab you because you didn't see them behind a rock you went to move.

I think the smallest tank I ever owned was a 50g always wanted just one big tank and when 50g wasn’t big enough I bought a 75g now a 125g and seriously looking into a 250g custom make , honestly if I had the space I’d of kept them all

Hehe, I wish. :hey:

I may save you to get quite a large tank, so I can’t house a Lion Fish. (Which is my dream fish)

A non-reef saltwater tank isn't that expensive to set up. No need for protein skimmer, sump, dosing equipment, high end lights etc.

When I worked in a fish store during my college days, the 55 gallon Lion tank was our showcase tank. On a positive note, there is a huge supply of Lionfish in the Caribbean, should be easy to import these guys if you don't live in Florida.

They are a beautiful fish and I believe, very hardy.

A non-reef saltwater tank isn't that expensive to set up. No need for protein skimmer, sump, dosing equipment, high end lights etc.

When I worked in a fish store during my college days, the 55 gallon Lion tank was our showcase tank. On a positive note, there is a huge supply of Lionfish in the Caribbean, should be easy to import these guys if you don't live in Florida.

They are a beautiful fish and I believe, very hardy.
I don’t plan on doing any coral to start out with, just some live rocks.

With just some very easy reconfiguring I can fit the 55 that I want next and a couple more ten gallons. I've already measured it out. I'm going to stop with ten tanks.
Sounds like a plan to me! I have shut down a couple of the nano tanks. I went from 15 down to 13. Slow, steady progress. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back