Do Let This Happen To You !

Back in the fold

Fish Herder
Reaction score
When I first signed up with The Great TFF Forums, back in May of 2019, I had just gotten a one half gallon Betta View "aquarium" at Wal-Mart and got a male Betta. Reading all the great things here inspired me to upgrade to a 2 1/2 gallon tank for my Betta. Then I got a Five gallon to try my hand with Killifish. Then I set up my old 20 high that was languishing in a closet. Then another five gallon and now another 20 high and a ten gallon. Six tanks in less than two years. This is what can happen when you've laid off the fish for awhile. I thought I had this under control but it turns out I've got a wet glass monkey on my back. All of you coming back into the hobby and all you new people starting out , watch out !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 64

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month!
Pet of the Month!
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
Way to late for me.

Started out with a 0.5g Betta fish “view tank”, then upgraded to a 2.5g tank after reading that was best. Then I got a 10g tank... and then a 5g, and then a 20g long, and then a 29g.

Hoping to get rid of some of my smaller tanks so I can get a large SW tank after I move!

Uberhoust

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am at 5 tanks now, even the quarantine tank has fish/shrimp in it now as permanent residents. If found something I really wanted I would have to get another tank, so I don't go to fish stores anymore or look at web sites as much. Though did see some nice cichlids on a recent post that made me say "no more!".

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
When I first signed up with The Great TFF Forums, back in May of 2019, I had just gotten a one half gallon Betta View "aquarium" at Wal-Mart and got a male Betta. Reading all the great things here inspired me to upgrade to a 2 1/2 gallon tank for my Betta. Then I got a Five gallon to try my hand with Killifish. Then I set up my old 20 high that was languishing in a closet. Then another five gallon and now another 20 high and a ten gallon. Six tanks in less than two years. This is what can happen when you've laid off the fish for awhile. I thought I had this under control but it turns out I've got a wet glass monkey on my back. All of you coming back into the hobby and all you new people starting out , watch out !
Uh oh, you’re starting to look like me. Better figure out that fish room real fast. :)

WhistlingBadger

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I got reverse MTS a couple years ago. Just got sick of all my tanks and tore them down, all except my rainbow tank. Now I'm a little more relaxed and slow paced about it. I've set up a 10g long tank that is awaiting fish while the plants grow up, and a 5g live food tank. Planning to do a 29g paludarium if I ever get around to it.

Most reactions

trending