Do Fish Get Itches?

oswoldy

Fishaholic
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
575
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi,
The only reason I am asking this is because I have seen two of my fish 'flashing' however this has been two different fish and they have only ever done it once, and only on the plants. I cannot see any signs of Ich so was just curious.

Mike
 
sometimes ich damages the gills and gill covers irreparably - its nothing to be worried about but it can cause them to scratch on things
 
Fish flick for all sorts of reason. Sometimes they flick and rub when they have something stuck in there mouth.
Just keep a close eye on them and check water stats.
Added any new fish in the last week or so.
 
sometimes ich damages the gills and gill covers irreparably - its nothing to be worried about but it can cause them to scratch on things

If they have had Ich they must have had it before I got them because (touch wood) I have not had any diseases in my tank. (Now ive done it!) :lol:

Mike
 

Most reactions

Back
Top