Do Dwarf Frogs Stay In Water?

I havent been to A5 aquatics for a long time, used to like it there but i can never be bothered to drive through nuneaton lol

I havent been to A5 aquatics for a long time, used to like it there but i can never be bothered to drive through nuneaton lol

not a bad place for equipment, but myself and 4 others have had disasters when we try to buy stock!

Awesome! I love these guys, I used to keep two dwarfs and 4 albinos. They're so rewarding, you won't regret getting them :)

Well, ive got frozen bloodworm to drop in, catfish pellets, other things and i can buy some repto food from P@H. Anyone got any idea where i can get some ADF's online that dont have extremely high £15 P&P?
You could try going to pets at home rather than ordering them, they've always had them when I've been in.

just curious.... albino dwarfs????? :unsure:

ive been told that they can climb out of the tank up power cords and ive been told that some one found his on his carpet. :rolleyes: :shifty: :unsure: :angry: :hyper: :drool: :blink: :shout: :crazy: :blush: :good: :sick:

I found one of mine upside down on the kitchen floor christmas morning, he must have escaped when I was cleaning :(

just curious.... albino dwarfs????? :unsure:

No way! :no: If they are albino, they are always African Clawed Frogs!

Lmao alright I was going to say....
I know that there are no albino dwarfs (well there could be because you can always get mutations in a species) but these little guys I have never heard of an albino at all.

So if ya have an "albino dwarf" you may want to find him a new home away from all your liTtle fishys

well this news kinda sucks.. i have a hole just big enuff for these frogs to climb out, near the back of my tank where my filter sits, and heater cord comes out.. everyone must have a hole there no? otherwise my tank would be pretty safe.

would they fight with a betta for food? or territory?

this betta fish was a mistake for me, now im spending all my time worrying about who this war monger will get along with.

well this news kinda sucks.. i have a hole just big enuff for these frogs to climb out, near the back of my tank where my filter sits, and heater cord comes out.. everyone must have a hole there no? otherwise my tank would be pretty safe.

this betta fish was a mistake for me, now im spending all my time worrying about who this war monger will get along with.

well i have my 3 in a community tank, with bloomin great holes every where. and not one escapee yet! i can say the frog will not fight, can't speak for the betta attacking though.

well i have my 3 in a community tank, with bloomin great holes every where. and not one escapee yet! i can say the frog will not fight, can't speak for the betta attacking though.

i have used plastic lids which i cut to there is just enough room for the cord and thats it... and then taped them to the top of the tank....
but i have never had an issue with mine before then...
I have alwasy been told if the water conditions are good and the frogs are happy they will stay in the tank.... when conditions are not ideal whats when you will have problems...
dwarf frogs have to be trying to get away from something to want out of there safety of there water....

i also have a betta in with my dwarfs... and they had there tuffs at first but all worked out... foos time can be a little ruff here and there only cuz the dwarfs will try and bite the betta maybe twice a month...

i have used plastic lids which i cut to there is just enough room for the cord and thats it... and then taped them to the top of the tank....
but i have never had an issue with mine before then...
I have alwasy been told if the water conditions are good and the frogs are happy they will stay in the tank.... when conditions are not ideal whats when you will have problems...
dwarf frogs have to be trying to get away from something to want out of there safety of there water....

i also have a betta in with my dwarfs... and they had there tuffs at first but all worked out... foos time can be a little ruff here and there only cuz the dwarfs will try and bite the betta maybe twice a month...

i wonder if its the flowing fins of the betta, frogs are said to have bad eyesight. my frogs crawl on, under, over and around fish they meet i the tank. even so i have never seen agression from frogs or fish.
i woulld tend to agree on the relationship between water quality and, forgs jumping ship/tank. but i dont suppose its the only reason, for them to go for a walk.

Most reactions

Back