Do Corys Play?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Daz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My two peppered corys quite often swim around together, rubbing up against each other. Are they playing, or is it a kind of mating thing? It dosen't seem violent, so I don't think they're fighting. I can't tell if they are male or female, but one of them is slightly lighter than the other. There is no difference in body size either.
Can anyone tell me what they're up to? :dunno:
DAZ

Hi Daz :)

Corys LOVE to play! :fun: :kana: :p

Corys are schooling fish who, when kept in small groups, will spend most of their time in close contact with the others.

They frequently play by swimming up and down or across the glass of their tanks.
One of the funniest things they do in my tanks is to crowd into their cave 2 or 3 deep. They just all pile in on top of each other. It's so cute to see. :D

One cory, alone in a tank, is a very sad and lonely fellow. :-(

I have a new group of 8 albino corys and they are so playful and active it's a wonder where they get the energy. When I drop algae wafers in the tank all 8 try to eat on one wafer and it's so funny!! :lol:

What inchworm said about single cats is true.

I've got two albinos and they swim all around the tank really quickly. it's as though they're on continued high doses of caffeine and sugar.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back