Do adfs shed?

Dwarfs

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Do they? I saw mine with clear skin coming off with regular skin underneathe, like when my gecko sheds. And one of the other frogs was trying to eat it, or help him peel it off :p

Hi dwarfs :)

Yes the little guys do shed their skin, and they sometimes eat it too. You're lucky to have had a chance to see it happen. I usually just find that mine have shed during the night and I miss the whole thing. :D

Inchworm said:

What are you feeding them? :dunno:
Shrimp pellets, and frozen shrimp (the little ones you get from the store, as a treat) :) I'll feed them a little more maybe, I don't think one pellet is suitable for 4 frogs :lol:

There is a product made especially for ADFs called Frog and Tadpole Bites. It's made by HBH and I pay $1.99 for a jar of it at Aqua Hut. This is a very high protein product (45%).

Live or frozen food is a good thing for them, and mine eat either live tubifex worms or blackworms. They seem to do fine with either one of them.

Now about the shrimp pellets............ I have noticed that the formula of this product has changed significantly. Under their old product name of Wardley Shrimp Pellets the protien content was 37%. Now they are called Wardley Shrimp Pellets Formula and the protien content is only 30%.

If any of your fish require a high protien diet, and you feed shrimp pellets for this purpose, it might make a difference in their growth and well being. This has bothered me since I compared the labels and saw it. Perhaps it's time that I made a topic in TCC to see what other members think of this. :dunno:

Anyway, I wanted to tell you about the Frog Bites. If there is any possibility that the frog was eating the skin because of a dietary deficiency this kind of food should help them. :D

Inchworm said:

There is a product made especially for ADFs called Frog and Tadpole Bites. It's made by HBH and I pay $1.99 for a jar of it at Aqua Hut. This is a very high protein product (45%).

Live or frozen food is a good thing for them, and mine eat either live tubifex worms or blackworms. They seem to do fine with either one of them.

Now about the shrimp pellets............ I have noticed that the formula of this product has changed significantly. Under their old product name of Wardley Shrimp Pellets the protien content was 37%. Now they are called Wardley Shrimp Pellets Formula and the protien content is only 30%.

If any of your fish require a high protien diet, and you feed shrimp pellets for this purpose, it might make a difference in their growth and well being. This has bothered me since I compared the labels and saw it. Perhaps it's time that I made a topic in TCC to see what other members think of this. :dunno:

Anyway, I wanted to tell you about the Frog Bites. If there is any possibility that the frog was eating the skin because of a dietary deficiency this kind of food should help them. :D
Ok, I'll get some the next time I go to aqua-hut. Thanks for the info :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back