Diy Panchax (killifish)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yeah
Biulu contacted me way back when, and through dogged determination has managed to aquire a couple nice beginner varieties of fish. To which I take my hat off to her. I hope she can go on and breed these and move on up the scale to more difficult varieties. Seems dedicated.

Regards
BigC

Thanks Colin! I am doing my best; have noticed though that it takes me almost twice the time to get the fry to mature, but that doesn-t matter. Yes, I really hope I can acquire some other varieties over time as well. The most important thing now is to get the livefood supply steady....

The assembly is from 3-7 November. I got A. australe and F. gardneri 'Jos Plateau' from him. Recommended by Colin as being good beginners species, and the nice thing about them is that they are not annuals, so no need to breed them constantly. If you have any other wishes, let me know. I can try to get them through the German Killifish Association in which I know several members.

Isn't that funny: organising from Mexico fish to be shipped to you in Africa?! I go regularly to french speaking Africa (Cameroun) but I assume that postal services are not so reliable between the different countries on the continent?

Wow! Eleonore....... It was sometime in July when we discussed this, and here we are on the verge of November..... I assume you're still coming.... Please let me know, and I can make arrangements etc..... Already set up a tank with bogwood in preparation. and then after that, Colin and Colin will be pestered for advice...... :lol:

Is there a quarantine on regular mail? Nobody that I know of actually writes that there are fish eggs in the envelope. You can just get them sent to you with no fuss. Aquabid is great too.

Is there a quarantine on regular mail? Nobody that I know of actually writes that there are fish eggs in the envelope. You can just get them sent to you with no fuss. Aquabid is great too.

Thanks Cathy, Just not to sure if there's anyone around that'll go that route though... It was originally the idea to get them in that way, but since I don't even have a clue what these eggs look like, I,m not sure if they will bulge the envelope or has to be kept damp or, or... or...., but if they are anything like Brine shrimp eggs, I'll dare ask if there is anyone out there who will be prepared to mail me some??...

I will off course do the related cash transfers and the like, and it does seem like a faster route to take than to wait for 7 November.....

Hi Ludwig,
If I were you mate and no disrespect I would get in contact with Tyrone Genade a fellow country man of yours and an avid Nothobranchius enthusiast.
He is a dedicated Killifish Man and will be able to advise you more as he will already have contacts set up over the years.
I would be looking to get some of the African Nothos going and go on some collecting trips within Africa for some wild stock and breed and sell them to us Europeans. Folks will go wild for properly identified (and I mean properly ID) wild stock or even F1 generation eggs. I seriously would be looking to tap into that sort of thing.
Here's something that may interest you.
http://tgenade.freeshell.org/killibook/keepingkillifish.pdf
Regards
BigC

Gee thanks Big C, I've now joined some local forums as well, & will see if I can get into contact with Tyrone and wow!! that link is everything that your mother should've told you about Killis...... I'll try download all of it and read at leisure, but awful lot of info stored in that one link....Thanks for the hints.

Most reactions

trending

Back