Diy Co2 Problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Noahs ark6

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi

Yesterday at about 4pm, i added 1/2 a teaspoon of yeast into a cup with lukewarm water and a bit of sugar to get it started. Was it meant to bubble and froth? 'cos mine didn't.
I also added two cups of sugar into a bottle, filled 3/4 with lukewarm water, shaked, after 10 mins of stirring added the cup to the water. It's now been over 16 hours, and it isn't producing co2 unless i shake it. Did i do something wrong when setting up or could it be the yeast?
Does the bottle need to be kept warm?

The yeast i used was grnaulated ( in very small balls) dried yeast :good:

Thanks

Strange, I used the small sachets of yeast, maybe you got a bad batch of yeast, room temp in normally fine too.

Can take a day or two to bubble, unless it's been overwarmed, in which case it might be dead.

Homebrew vats take a good couple of days to get going properly.

Mine used to start within an hour using 1 cup of sugar in room temp water with 1/2 tsp of yeast. Sounds like bad yeast to me.

Could be, but the granules always take longer to get going. Plus a batch that is old and mostly dead will still kick in eventually if there is any life left at all, it'll just take longer. The small sachets tend to kick in faster than the granules.

Yeah you might be lucky, would suggest using 2 bottles and powder sachets from now on tho or you'll be experiencing CO2 fluctuations.

Yeah they'll work much faster dude. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back