Diy Cave

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Looks brilliant! I really like how well it blends with the sand, and I bet the fish absolutely love it :good:

haha thank you flute and yes they do really love it :)

Actually love the imagination gone into this! Reckon it'd be good if when it's put into the side of the tank, you could see into the cave! Well done though, gives others ideas.

haha thank you :), i was thinking of making a hole at the back but i did not in the end, altho most of the sand hasĀ disappearedĀ around the back and sides now :S no idea where it has all gone

Just spotted this thread and must say an interesting idea! Looks pretty good in the tank too!

What software are you using at theĀ beginningĀ to get plan from?

thank you luna i use Google's Sketch up it is Free and easy to use :DĀ 

Im sure you stated this in the thread somewhere, but Im still on my first cup of coffee and I cant seem to find it lol. Did you use "aquarium" silicone? I have some projects to do this weekend for my tank, and the aquarium stuff is silly expensive, so i was wondering if there was one from the hardware store that would be safe to use. super glue won't cut it for these jobs :)

sorry i just noticed i didn't reply, well i did but my internet must of screwed, up so it didn't i must apologise, but no stuff from a hardware store is NOT aquarium safe
smile.png
sadly i did also look my self as hoping it would be cheaper but ye it cant be expensive

Good job. Looks great.
Had an idea for something along those lines. Glad I can get a visual, and an idea of what problems to expect.

aw thank you, glad this has been an inspiration for others :) cheers il add some more pics soon :)

i would haft to admit the biggest problem with my cave is when i poor sand over it come morning the sand is almost gone
sad.png
i think some of the fish dig it up at night
Ā 
but i have moved my tank around and have moved this cave to the middle of the tank i think it looks better like this now
file_zps1e23715a.jpg

file_zps5b8f54f8.jpg

file_zps7a7c15f7.jpg

file_zps1db6e8f9.jpg

file_zps4a1f74d7.jpg

With the full on tank shot I am reminded of the old sci-fi movie spaceships from the 50's.
Looks good though. Imo it is a better placement for it.
Now you just need some higher plants on the left yo hide the equipment.

Prefer the new placement! It looks great, wish I was that creative!!Ā 
yes.gif

haha thank you all :) and i agree middle looks better :D the plants at the back i hope will fill out very well over the next couple of week :D i shall post another picture when they do hope it all grows well :D

What plastic did you use? Was it just a thin acrylic that you can cut with scissors? Ive been thinking about doing something similar by cutting up old drink bottles etc....just not sure about having issues with it floating instead of sinking??...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back