Discus Rediscovered

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The Discus playing on the early morning sun,
DSCN1409.JPG
DSCN1414.JPG

"But Discus can't live in planted tanks" =)
The only people who say that are the commercial breeders who don't want any competition, and who have to treat their fish constantly because they are artificially reared away from the parents. :)

The only people who say that are the commercial breeders who don't want any competition, and who have to treat their fish constantly because they are artificially reared away from the parents. :)
It is such a shame thats what has happened to such a magnificent fish. More people should be able to enjoy them like I do.

It is such a shame thats what has happened to such a magnificent fish. More people should be able to enjoy them like I do.
Discus should be kept in planted tanks with gravel or sand. It's how they were kept years ago when they bred and reared their own young. They look so much better and act much more naturally when they aren't in a bare glass box dying from internal protozoan infections.

Tea time, I took this photo to show the size difference. The fish bottom left is the size all the Discus were when I got them, he just isn't growing. Sometimes for no reason you get a fish that will eat and act normally but just grow. Then for no reason it will have a growth spurt which is what I'm waiting for from this guy.
20220612_171152.jpg

Tea time, I took this photo to show the size difference. The fish bottom left is the size all the Discus were when I got them, he just isn't growing. Sometimes for no reason you get a fish that will eat and act normally but just grow. Then for no reason it will have a growth spurt which is what I'm waiting for from this guy.
View attachment 161288
Or it's a genetic defect and you breed the small ones to make "dwarf discus" that can live in 10 gallon tanks!
(that honestly sounds like something a greedy fish breeder would do)...

The reason you keep Discus is because when you come home from work sit down in front of the tank with a Beer, they are there telling you about their day.
20220621_155826.jpg
20220621_155803.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back