Disaster!

Wow I bet you never sobered up so quick in your life :blink:

Sorry about your missing fish can't imagine what happened to the majority of that water but you might want to keep an eye on the ceiling below your room for a while :unsure:

If you can get hold of a bit of nice Dwarf 4-Leaf Clover, it can handle low light, is very pretty and spreads.
I've ordered it a couple of times but somehow only got regular, which is OK, but doesn't give the same effect - and wasn't listed as OK with low-light.
That and something small-leaved that spreads low might look really cool, but I swear the part of my brain that records proper names (and pretty much everything else) has eloped with the section that would have told me why I'm peering earnestly into the fridge...

Hard to make out if that's Bolbitis fern (assuming I'm spelling it correctly - this'll probably be some medical term for some unmentionable disease) tucked into the bottom of the driftwood, but if it isn't, boy, would some look nice.
I actually did get a bit of that earlier in the year, (lovely stuff,) but that and the Java Fern in the order both had black, hairy rhizomes so I didn't want to wind up adding any thing nasty (had BBA once and still wake sweating in the night) to any tanks and murdered it with peroxide and Excel, neither of which are supposed to be used on roots...

But if you were to have better luck, then I could live vicariously through you and your tanks, although I will also vicariously duck out of the way whenever the laundry basket's around...

I'll check out the dwarf 4 leaf clover. thanks for the tip :)

I'll take a picture of the plant tucked in with the driftwood.... I have absolutely NO idea what it is.

What is BBA?

But if you were to have better luck, then I could live vicariously through you and your tanks, although I will also vicariously duck out of the way whenever the laundry basket's around...
LOL. Sounds good to me... My laundry baskets now live in the closet at all times. I'm beginning to think I am developing a phobia for laundry baskets. Was doing laundry at the top of a set of stairs and made sure to collapse the basket while I waited. At least there are no fish tanks at the bottom of the stair case :lol:... well, and i certainly don't do laundry while hungover...... but better safe than sorry :lol:

I have a sneaking suspicion that my java moss rock may have died.... time will tell.

holy cow,, just glad to hear that most of the fish made it... with a disaster like that u r lucky
thx. lucky... i think not... But at least dodger had his first 'dry land' experience. he's ready for anything i can throw at him now...... even elbows :p

Hey, ReMz,
the plant looks somewhat similar to bolbitis, from what I can see - and can't do better than nice ferny stuff on an ouitstanding piece of driftwood like that, although the stuff I so fouly murdolated looked very fern-like in shape as well as leaf.
I can just imagine some growing out of the back area of the midst of that wood, tiny 4-leaf clover scattered around the front of your tank, and little 'bushes' hither and yon, with the rather nice if blurry ferny stuff growing thickly in front, as it is...
BBA is black brush/beard algae, and I do hope you never find out what it is through experience...
I hope your java moss and the rest of the plant'll make it after all - they're very nice.
Was the name 'Dodger' a precognitive effort, by the way?
And thank goodness you're keeping a watch on the laundry basket situation.
Yours are definitely evil-possessed, although I can't say I blame them, considering the way people generally treat laundry-baskets.
I'd be out to get anyone who habitually tossed used undies at me, too.
Better keep that closet door locked.

Most reactions

Back