Dijon Has Spawned

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

any local stores that sell stuff like lizards etc, maybe try one of them tell them you are looking for small black worms though, then you will have to get a worm feeder to feed them from, they are the shape of a cone with slots in them you just put the worms still alive in the opening, just like how many puffer owners here feed there puffers. Then when feeding them like this you would add in the brineshrimp and bloodworms etc
Blackworms are also refered to a tubifex, I would just try a local centre that sells exotic stuff usually they would have them. LFS don't normally carry stuff like this. If they are starting to eat blood worms now thats a really good thing soon they will try the brine shrimp you might have to grate them like you would cheese to feed them due to the size of the fry hehe. Wow looks like you got alot of crowntail out of the batch i can see the tail types in the pictures already. I have to say this for a first time breed very very nice red colour it almost hurts my eyes hehe

Worst is on the blackworms you would have to get them shipped in from california

Working out great for ya in a few months I would say maybe 1-2 months they should be near sellable size once weind off of live foods
good.gif

If blackworms are tubifex then Maidenhead Aquatics usually have frozen tubifex in blocks like the bloodworm

I got some live brine shrimp today, and after a feeding frenzy, they are all little fat bettas. Also got hold of some live Daphnia and bloodworm(look alot smaller in size than the frozen ones I have). Plus I got some frozen tubifex ( thanks for that finalfantay85 ), which I will try tomorrow.

Well done!

-FHM
Thank you very much, It's been a very quick, steep learning curve :shout:

If blackworms are tubifex then Maidenhead Aquatics usually have frozen tubifex in blocks like the bloodworm
I got some live brine shrimp today, and after a feeding frenzy, they are all little fat bettas. Also got hold of some live Daphnia and bloodworm(look alot smaller in size than the frozen ones I have). Plus I got some frozen tubifex ( thanks for that finalfantay85 ), which I will try tomorrow.

Thats good although you wanted live for the tubifex(blackworms), live Daphnia is good for them keeps them from being bloated, also don't you find live bloodworms messy to work woth i do......

sorry been busy in life havn't had much time to reply to anything on the forum in a few days like a week erm...... sometimes lifesyles can get pretty busy.

For a first time breed its better than I expected what the outcome would be. This has come along way thats for sure its taking time alot longer than the norm but they are turning out pretty nice, the colours will really come out now you are feeding other live foods, about a weeks time you will notice brighter reds in them with other colours coming in as well as growth lol.....

good job mate its to bed for me busy day tomorrow

Hello there, although I havn't read every word, the photos are immense. The redder tailed babies look like crowntail ( I'm having a guess) babies with mommys colouring. absolutely gorgeous. I am getting my tank ready for a Betta male should you have a male available with a mix of mum and Dads colojuring I would love one. They are amazing well done with your first attempt. Really congrats xxxx and (((())))) ( hugs) x

my email ( if anyone wants it is ) [email protected] if you are able to send a photo of the beautys

Thats good although you wanted live for the tubifex(blackworms), live Daphnia is good for them keeps them from being bloated, also don't you find live bloodworms messy to work woth i do......

sorry been busy in life havn't had much time to reply to anything on the forum in a few days like a week erm...... sometimes lifesyles can get pretty busy.

For a first time breed its better than I expected what the outcome would be. This has come along way thats for sure its taking time alot longer than the norm but they are turning out pretty nice, the colours will really come out now you are feeding other live foods, about a weeks time you will notice brighter reds in them with other colours coming in as well as growth lol.....

good job mate its to bed for me busy day tomorrow

I don't find feeding bloodworm messy, just more time consuming. Ohh they love daphnia, it's very funny watching them trying to catch them. Also, a must picture to get is when two fry get hold of the same bloodworm.

I've been busy too. I now have windows 7 and im still getting used to it. Only just getting to grips with window paint, and finding software updates for camera, scanner and printer from XP.

They look gorgeous, great photography, my pictures always come out awful.

Thankyou Karigupi,

I have taken hundreds if not thousands pictures now to get a few good ones. The reason that most of mine are taken with the fry near the sand is because it is easier to focus on the shadow on the sand.

Just keep on trying taking pics, even if you get 1 out of a thousand it's well worth the effort.

Hello there, although I havn't read every word, the photos are immense. The redder tailed babies look like crowntail ( I'm having a guess) babies with mommys colouring. absolutely gorgeous. I am getting my tank ready for a Betta male should you have a male available with a mix of mum and Dads colojuring I would love one. They are amazing well done with your first attempt. Really congrats xxxx and (((())))) ( hugs) x

my email ( if anyone wants it is ) [email protected] if you are able to send a photo of the beautys

Hi LilyRose Tank, Thank you.

As to parting with these little Bettas, I'm unsure of what's going to happen. I know one thing though, It's going to hurt.

they are amazing, a lot of good info on hear, i have had some accidental sporing in that past but never the time to get a pair to bread were i can manage them properly, once im at uni i might have the time to have a proper go. keep us updated and good luck

Wow! Awesome thread! I can't wait to see what they look like when they are completely grown! :) :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back