Digital Camera For Under $250

rdd1952

Swim with the Fishes
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I am a Realtor and need to upgrade my current digital (Canon Power Shot S200) which is only a 2.0 mega pixel. It will mainly be used to take inside and outside photos of homes I list but I will also use it to photography my fish too (the Canon doesn't do a very good job). It doesn't have to be fancy, just take good pix. I don't really want to pay more than about $250. The Canon still takes pretty good pictures but it's old and the battery doesn't last long. When I'm taking photos inside and use the flash, the low battery light comes on after only 8 or 10 photos. I figure I'm better off getting a better quality camera than just buying a new battery and still having a 2 MP camera. I also will end up using this camera to take photos of my fish so keep that in mind too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

If its the same price as it is in the uk then the fuji finepix s5600 is an excellent camera i have found, and will be within budget.

A sort of inbetween p+s and d-slr camera for nowhere near d-slr money imo, and you can add lenses on to the 55mm thread

hth

I just read some reviews (23 of them) on the Fuji and although it seems to be a good camera, several people commented that the flash was bad and that it didn't take very good indoor photos which is very important for me.

Can't really comment on the flash, 99% of my aquatic photography is done without flash, produces more natural colours and to get proper flash capabilites you are going to need slave flashes anyway which can't be done on our budget!

Pm sent as well

www.inkleys.com has a whole boatload of suitable cameras. Adorama.com does too! My inlaws are sucessful real-esate brokers and they use fuji prosumer type and a 6 megapixel nikon point and shoot.

You need to learn how to use the camera properly and it will be able to do just about eveythig you want it to, so don't invest too much into capability reviews. Instead look for reports on reliability and durability, and pay attention to megapixels for potential print-size.

SLC

I hope this has not come late. I saw a site (http://www.smartratings.com/photography/digital_cameras) that has compilations of reviews, expert and user, for various kinds of products including digital cameras. Some of them have ratings so, it can be used as a yardstick for comparison with other brands. Hope this helps.

I lke Digital Photo Review, http://dpreview.com/, myself. I've had a 5MP, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX-8 for 2 years now. It cost me $299 and has been a great P&S camera; I've been very impressed with its features (Leica lens a image stabilization). They now have a much better model, DMC-FX12K, which is a 7.2MP that retails for only $229.

Yes Leica optics are awesome aren't they! Still I've always been a pentax man myself; every camera I own is a pentax, I absolutely love each of them.

My cameras

Pentax K10D 10 megapixel DSLR
Pentax optio S50 5 megapixel point and shoot
Pentax Film SLR (can't think of the model #'s of my film cameras cause I've not used them in so long)
Pentax film point and shoot.

SLC

Well I ended up getting a Fuji but not the S5600. I went on vacation to Reno last week and left my old camera at home so I had to buy one there. I ended up getting the FinePix S700. I am still getting used to it but so far I really like it. Here is the link to a thread with a virtual tour I put together of Crater Lake.

Oh my. I was just in Target the other day and they had super nice cameras for less than $250. I can't tell you makes or models though. I have a super nice camera, but it was $700. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back