Did You Know?

rocknurworld2006

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Aberdeen
did u know that the lionfish that are in the atlantic ocean are invaders to that ocean, and shouldnt be there, their population is thriving in this ocean and wiping out other fish species. they have hardly any predators

its man that has put them there, and other fish dont even recognise it as a predator.

i just seen this on oceans.

had no idea :crazy:
 
Just shows what damage can be done by releasing fish into the wild where they dont belong.
 
mollies aren't quite in the same leaque as lionfish :) but they are still a pest fish. I think Gambusia are worse tho.
As for the lionfish in the Atlantic, get a fishing line and go make yourself some money. From my understanding they sell for quite a bit in the US, so why not go fishing and make a few dollars selling them to the LFS.
 
mollies aren't quite in the same leaque as lionfish :) but they are still a pest fish. I think Gambusia are worse tho.
As for the lionfish in the Atlantic, get a fishing line and go make yourself some money. From my understanding they sell for quite a bit in the US, so why not go fishing and make a few dollars selling them to the LFS.

Gambusia, I know about them, they're a pain. Mosquitofish, grr..Don't release them! But yeah, I think you should try catching a few snakeheads too :hey:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top