Diablo Iii

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ox5477

Wet pets make the best Pets
Reaction score
DiabloSplash.JPG

.... Come on Grandpa... computer games arn't cool anymore. But if you have played the diablo series since the original groundbreaking game from 1997, then you have to get a little wet with the announcment this weekend of D3..... finally. I mean Starcraft II looks awesome and I plan on purchasing that when it is released, but nothing quite does it for me like the diablo series. Since The announcement on saturday, my buddies and I have been playing D2:LoD again and I had honestly forgot how much I loved that game.

Anyways, enough of me talking about how happy I am to hear about this, wonder if anybody else is as pumped as I am and if maybe you see a few changes already that might effect the whole diablo experience with the new game...

Ox :good:

DiabloSplash.JPG

.... Come on Grandpa... computer games arn't cool anymore. But if you have played the diablo series since the original groundbreaking game from 1997, then you have to get a little wet with the announcment this weekend of D3..... finally. I mean Starcraft II looks awesome and I plan on purchasing that when it is released, but nothing quite does it for me like the diablo series. Since The announcement on saturday, my buddies and I have been playing D2:LoD again and I had honestly forgot how much I loved that game.

Anyways, enough of me talking about how happy I am to hear about this, wonder if anybody else is as pumped as I am and if maybe you see a few changes already that might effect the whole diablo experience with the new game...

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO MAKE A TOPIC!!!

caps I know....but I have on thng to say

DIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABLO 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH F£$"%"% YEAH! lol

Diablo series are amazing, only reason I stopped is because my CD key got banned :(, but ill be a good boy this time round :p

What characters do you want to see along with the Witch doctor (necormancer), and Barbarian

I would like to see another mage type class, Ranged class, and shapeshifting. They will probally do the same what was done with LOD :D

oh and I CANT WAIT! :D even if it is basically diablo 2 with better graphics and new story line, thats all I needed

If you watch the Artwork trailer, it shows a few pictures that might be indications of the classes....

First up, what appears to be a female druid (Has a Wolf head as cap and holding snake)

Second, a female and male mage were shown (could be baddies or what the sorcs will look like)

Third, what appears to be a male assasin weilding a dagger or knife of some sort with a basic attack...

Wait a minute.... just looked at the website... they removed the artwork trailer... maybe those really were previews of the chars that they didnt wanna show...
Damn, not it looks like I was imagining it, but I wasn't, it really looks like the trailer was showing char previews.....

If you watch the Artwork trailer, it shows a few pictures that might be indications of the classes....

First up, what appears to be a female druid (Has a Wolf head as cap and holding snake)

Second, a female and male mage were shown (could be baddies or what the sorcs will look like)

Third, what appears to be a male assasin weilding a dagger or knife of some sort with a basic attack...

Wait a minute.... just looked at the website... they removed the artwork trailer... maybe those really were previews of the chars that they didnt wanna show...
Damn, not it looks like I was imagining it, but I wasn't, it really looks like the trailer was showing char previews.....

Lots of people are moaning about the graphics on it, saying its too WoW like (hate that game), I can see where there comming from, it could be a bit darker as it is a kind of "Gothic style Game", but it is 2008 and they needed some major changes. Maybe just making the game a bit darker would help :D

and there has to be a range wielding character, just has to be ;)

there is going to be 5 classes so we have 2/5 jsut need another 3

Ya, I would assume they need somethign like each of the D2 chars. Barb obv is the barb, witchdoctor is necro/druid. I would think something maybe like zon/assassin like a ranger, and then a pally type healer... but they may already have plans for an expansion so they may hold out on one or two or maybe even three different char classes until the exp like we got with LoD and the intro of the druid and assassin..

Ya, I would assume they need somethign like each of the D2 chars. Barb obv is the barb, witchdoctor is necro/druid. I would think something maybe like zon/assassin like a ranger, and then a pally type healer... but they may already have plans for an expansion so they may hold out on one or two or maybe even three different char classes until the exp like we got with LoD and the intro of the druid and assassin..

Yes, No doubt they will want to think about adding more characters eventually, which will also open up the story line even more :good:

I think they should leave out party healing etc, and save that for WoW. Obviously paladins auras such as prayer etc aint so bad but we dont want this to be another WoW. I know in my heart I want another timeless classic like diablo 2 :D

Def, that was my worst fear for this... that they think we want it like wow.... and that couldn't be farthest from the truth. I have nevered played wow and never will and I would be dissappointed if they tried to imprint the formula from wow onto diablo.... if they did, I would just keep playing D2

Nah, Blizzard won't make that mistake - they'd hoped to catch the bulk of the D2 fanbase with WoW, but they realized way back in beta that didn't happen. They got the Warcraft 3 fans and gutted all the failing MMOs like Star Wars Galaxies, but Starcraft and Diablo people didn't really migrate to WoW as expected. That's why Starcraft 2 isn't taking cues from Warcraft 3, and why Diablo 3 will probably stay true to its roots.

Besides, they definitely don't want Diablo 3's biggest competition to be WoW itself, or vice versa.

Either of you guys seen this f'in Online Petition stuff?

This is getting a little crazy. I think these guys should chill out and wait to see what happens with the game before they sh*t all over a pilot gameplay video that for all we know is nothing like what the real game is going to be....

Either of you guys seen this f'in Online Petition stuff?

This is getting a little crazy. I think these guys should chill out and wait to see what happens with the game before they sh*t all over a pilot gameplay video that for all we know is nothing like what the real game is going to be....

I agree, but Diablo fans are a bit more dedicated then WoW fan imo. WoW is full of kids who cant play, Ive found Diablo to be more competitive but still has alot nicer people. Maybe its because all of europe plays together :D. And I hope they dont change the PVP system, it was great before, waiting outside rogue encampment :D

100% agree about that. Why would they change it. If you weren't smart enough to make a tp and go to town as soon as the lvl 87 goes hostile with you then you should lose all your stuff... matter of common sense really.

100% agree about that. Why would they change it. If you weren't smart enough to make a tp and go to town as soon as the lvl 87 goes hostile with you then you should lose all your stuff... matter of common sense really.

Haha yeah, I feel sorry for the hardcore players, who use to get hunted down :D

Diablo 3. That is brilliant. I played D1 and D2 and loved them both. Didn't bug me that it was on PC. I played D1 while pregnant with my first and D2 while pregnant with my third. They both rocked and I look forward to the third.

Im actually glad they are on the computer. I hate when PC games try to cross over to the darkside (consoles) or vice-versa. Changes the whole playability of the game and the littlest change can make the game completely different. Now I couldn't imagine having a game pad instead of my keyboard and mouse for the point and click action in Diablo. If this was a shoot'em up game then sure, it would fit perfect on a game pad... but I think this style is akin to working perfectly on the computer set-up.

Hopefully they will do the things they have stated, ie. they will keep the system requirements down so I don't have to go buy a new computer just play it. Like D2 which was released in 2000 and had 90's tech, hopefully D3 (to be released say roughly 2009-2010) hopefully it will have early 2000's tech so you dont need a nasty video card or 6GB of RAM to play it...

Im actually glad they are on the computer. I hate when PC games try to cross over to the darkside (consoles) or vice-versa. Changes the whole playability of the game and the littlest change can make the game completely different. Now I couldn't imagine having a game pad instead of my keyboard and mouse for the point and click action in Diablo. If this was a shoot'em up game then sure, it would fit perfect on a game pad... but I think this style is akin to working perfectly on the computer set-up.

Hopefully they will do the things they have stated, ie. they will keep the system requirements down so I don't have to go buy a new computer just play it. Like D2 which was released in 2000 and had 90's tech, hopefully D3 (to be released say roughly 2009-2010) hopefully it will have early 2000's tech so you dont need a nasty video card or 6GB of RAM to play it...

Haha if it was on console, how would you spam click abilities like your suppose to :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back