Deleted

Dechlorinator doesnt. Dechloraminator (sp?) does. Chlorine is, well, chlorine. Chloramine is chlorine + ammonia. Dechloraminators break the bond between the two, and then dechlorinates the chlorine. My dechloraminator says that it neutralises the ammonia (dunno how though?). However, i THINK, that the amount of ammonia released should be small.

P.T.

If you've had fish all your life with no problems I think you should just do what you've found to work and not try to worry yourself too much.

if ur concered then u can get a de-ionizer i goes on ur tap and u get purified tap water and it's cheaper than RO but not as good.

i don't have problems like this 'cos i use RO and i'm not going back. also the bio media should beable to get rid of the ammonia and if u are that concerent then do a test on the water for ammonia , if it's less then 0.5ppm then it should be o.k if if u run it in via ur filter so u can use ur filter as a pump if its external or get a powerhead wit a filter attachment

Any ammonia that is created will be iradicated almost imediately by your filter. Ammonia is being added to the tank every day by your fish, much more than will be added due to the product you are using.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back