Decorating A 30" Tall Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Timmy_Bee

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am now the proud owner of a 330L, 4ft x 18" x 30" tank. I moved all my fish across, and the bogwood & rocks i had in my old tank (rio 240) and it looks really quite empty...

I was wondering if anyone had a tall tank, and how they go about scaping it.
I have severums, so lots of greenery is out. if you know any plants that can withstand them, please let me know
i would like lots of bogwood, but i didnt quite realise how much it cost (saw a nice 3 ft bit for £95...)
I was thinking of building a kind of terrace system in the usual DIY background way (polystyrene & cement) but am not sure how it will look.

Anyone got any ideas?

Well soaked wood and stones don't necessarily need to be bogwood. A wander through a forest that you're allowed to collect wood from can reveal some very nice dried oak occasionally. Even a garden has things to offer, a lot of the wood in my latest tank I picked up off the floor outside my back door and that one's 24" tall.

There's also some bogwood that ends up being sold cheap from places like Dunelm Mill for use in flower arranging. Same stuff that ends up in your aquariums often.

wouldn't 'non' bog wood rot in the tank? is there anything you need to do to it before putting it in your tank? a good soak and scrub i assume

Edit: Tribal - thanks for the photos. some good inspiration

Non bog wood, so long as it's a good, dense hard wood, won't rot in any way that will cause a noticeable effect. Avoid soft woods and anything with sap left in it.

Most reactions

trending

Back