Debate

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Let's see, is this a hijack? or simply fodder for the debate?

Is that your fish room now or a club show room, wuv?

Cracker, You are not the only lazy fish keeper around this forum. :blush:

yeah, I had that pic in the texasbetta folder. Same bowls, the very same even :p

And we are hijacking! Shame! shame on us! :(
* I edited those pics out just so no one takes offense to them, being small'ish and all :)

Hmmm

Hijacking threads AND hijacking bowls

Just a word of praise.

I have tried to get responses in another unnamed TFF forum to questions reguarding fronties. And they wonder why the Betta forum is so active???

:*

* Cowardly editor

Sue,
my frontosa lived to be a good eight to nine inches here with me before they moved to a display tank at my lfs where they still are today. In that time I kept them with several unlikely species and I must say that the only slight aggression they ever showed was towards each other. Mine lived with three hillstream loaches for just over two years (who I still have in my krib tank) and they never even looked twice at them. I would recommend some low lying rocks with slight crevices for the synos to get under if they feel the need. Although, the fronts will dig out any crevice they can just because they like to do that. But I honestly think they'll be okay.

ok, back on topic :) I'm sure someone will know just where to pick up! Once again I'd like to thank everyone for keeping this clean. It's quite pleasent not having to shut down a thread. :good: Everyone has argued both sides with great sophistication. One thing is certain- we all care for our fish.

Here's my observation-
We got Sashimi about 4 days ago and he is in a 10g quarantien tank. He only occupies AT MOST a third of it. He simply will not go into the other areas. He likes his corner, he likes his plant in his corner, and he patrols the 'boarder' of his area. So, since he's using at most 3-4g. of his environment, I don't feel like it's cruel at all to put him into a 6gal. I quite honestly feel like he's going to be one spoiled Betta having all that room for his sassy self.

"You're telling us that bettas should have tankmakes. You tell us that they'll be happier."

Ive never said Bettas SHOULD have tankmates. I said the Bettas Ive had have lived with Corys very well (providing theres enough room)
Ive never seen a problem with the Bettas and Corys - and I spent alot of time watching my fish.

But all Bettas are different and some are very aggressive. Ive said a aggressive Betta absolutely should be left alone. Tankmates are only for the more dosile and mellow Bettas and even then, Id only definitely recommend Corys.

Even weeks later, Im still keeping a eye on the Danios. I havent had any problems so far.

"You're telling us that bettas should have tankmakes. You tell us that they'll be happier."

Ive never said Bettas SHOULD have tankmates. I said the Bettas Ive had have lived with Corys very well (providing theres enough room)
Ive never seen a problem with the Bettas and Corys - and I spent alot of time watching my fish.

But all Bettas are different and some are very aggressive. Ive said a aggressive Betta absolutely should be left alone. Tankmates are only for the more dosile and mellow Bettas and even then, Id only definitely recommend Corys.

Even weeks later, Im still keeping a eye on the Danios. I havent had any problems so far.

I was talking to cats ;)

EDIT: 2000th post :eek:.

I never said betta's should have tank mates. I said the can have some species of fish as tanks mates such as cories, goramies, and occationally large non aggressive tetra's although its still a bit risky.

I did not buy my betta. I do not agree with my sister wanting to breed. My sister did not want the betta I have because she did not have an extra tank yet she bought it anyway. I took it from her and put him in my 30 gallon. He is perfectly ok and as far as I can see happy.

000_1609-1.jpg

He isnt perfect or "show quality" like your guys, but I dont care. I love him anyway.

He's very pretty, Catsmakemebark. :good:

We all love our pretty boy non show quality VTs :wub: They are special boys. Most of us got a VT as our first Betta at an LFS, I think--although I guess I should just speak for myself. :shifty:

Thanks for the pics. We love Betta pics. More Pics!!!!

What's his name?

Is he a VT? Maybe he is a CT? I can't see his tail well. How did you get him? (I know, off topic, everyone.)

I never said betta's should have tank mates. I said the can have some species of fish as tanks mates such as cories, goramies, and occationally large non aggressive tetra's although its still a bit risky.
This is not at all recommended, neither are the majority of tetras, as they tend to be fin-nippers.

This is not at all recommended, neither are the majority of tetras, as they tend to be fin-nippers.

I guess I should say dwarf goramis. Sorry about that. Dwarves usually get along. I agree tetra's are risky but mine dont seem to be bothing my betta but I wont ever put another betta in there again because I really dont want to risk it being agressive towards the other fish or the other way around.

My betta is a CT. I know, his tail is kind of cut off by the picture. He's not the fancy kind though. He might be a mix of VT too. I havnt really got a name for him. It seems that I jinx things I name although he does look like he needs a name. He's not my first betta, but a semi rescue.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back