Over the years i have lost various fish yet only about 5% make it to the bin......the tank has heavy planting and the others just die and - i assume- get eaten.
in the last year i have lost a horseface loach, prob 10+ cardinals (heat wave), 2 firemouths (bullied by the other 2), 2 ottos (soon after purchase of 8 ) etc.......................of these only 2 of the cardinals have been fished out.........i think my other fish have a taste for flesh!
in the last year i have lost a horseface loach, prob 10+ cardinals (heat wave), 2 firemouths (bullied by the other 2), 2 ottos (soon after purchase of 8 ) etc.......................of these only 2 of the cardinals have been fished out.........i think my other fish have a taste for flesh!

I have often thought all my otos were deceased, only to see a glimpse of one briefly at a later time. Same thing with my cories--my first ones were shy guys. I thought for sure one of my cories was gone. But I was able to count everyone when I moved them into the big tank (100 usg.) Now in the big tank I see both my cories and my otos come out--cories more often--in a play group/shoal.






