D-D Pressurized Co2 Kit

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mine only came with one gauge and it was already attached. But if it fits in the other port then it should just be an allen key to remove the plug and then screw the gauge in?

Mine only came with one gauge and it was already attached. But if it fits in the other port then it should just be an allen key to remove the plug and then screw the gauge in?

Thanks, the allen key has worked a treat but I'm not sure, from the limited instructions, which of the two ports the gauge should be screwed in to. The configuration of my unit has the large knob at the top with the solenoid on the left and the pipe connection on the right, so I've removed the plug inn the right o the large knob and started to screw the gauge in, but the instructions say "Note: The solenoid and needle valve items C and F may face in the opposite direction if screwed further into the regulator during assembly. If the knob D is pointing towards you and E is pointing up then the low pressure gauge should always be fitted on the right hand side".

My unit has parts facing he opposite way to the diagram and I'm very confused about which port to screw the gauge into. Currently it wouldn't be possible to screw it into the other port because the solenoid is in the way. Please can you tell me from looking at your unit which port to screw the gauge into. Tried to ring them - no answer.

Taken some photos for you...

P3170727.jpg

and from the other side...

P3170725.jpg

Perfect. That's so helpful.
Thanks for all your time. I wish I knew how to upload photos. I'm sure there's a section somewhere that explains.

Tried to fill the diffuser. got it in tank and connected. Only bubbles seen so far are tiny ones coming out of the side of the ceramic diffuser thingy. Can't see any big ones in the bottom bit. Got to go out now so will be back on later. Thanks again!!

No Probs - you only want tiny bubbles, the smaller the better.

As for the photos - upload them to photobucket or similar and then copy the img code into your reply.

Hi. The solenoid has just switched on with the lights (12.00) and single tiny bubbles are emerging from the ceramic disk about one a second. The gauge says the pressure is set at about 8bar using the top knob. If I have the pressure any lower the bubbles stop. The instructions say to only have it at 1bar. Is this a problem?

I have only ever had mine set at 1 bar - I would turn it down using the big black knob. If it is higher you will waste more gas.

I always have mine set to come on 2 hours before the lights so that as soon as they come on the plants already have plenty of co2 that they can start using (and turn off 2 hrs before lights off)

That's the first mark on the gauge scale isn't it?

How will it waste gas if it's controlled by the needle valve knob - I'm sorry if I'm being thick! Can I ask where you are?

Yes first mark.

It is only my assumption that it wastes gas - there must be some reason to keep it at 1 bar as per instructions.

I am in Lancashire

Most reactions

trending

Back