Ian H
Fish Herder
Well not quite, basically im getting a 5 gal tank for some shrimp but i havnt got it yet. I do however have a filter suitable (the elite stingray 5, holds TINY amounts of sponge) i'm wondering if i throw it in my 380L tank will it kick start the cycle? (the big tank has been running since november 07)
Would it help at all or should i just wait until i get the tank and do a fishless cycle from the start? I don't want to start butchering up the sponge in my external filters on the big tank either plus they have bio balls and noodles so not sure if theres any bacteria on them?
Would it help at all or should i just wait until i get the tank and do a fishless cycle from the start? I don't want to start butchering up the sponge in my external filters on the big tank either plus they have bio balls and noodles so not sure if theres any bacteria on them?








