Cw016 Aka C. Teniente

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Inchworm

Li'l Ole Fish Lady
Reaction score
Hi All, :)

I'm so very proud and happy to show you the wonderful gift sent to me by Coryologist. These are C. sp "teniente" (CW016) the cory everyone is talking about these days.

I was at the All Aquarium Catfish Convention in Laurel Md. last year when Frank bought up all of these, then unidentified, corys. The appearance of a new cory is an event of major importance in corydoras circles, and we knew they were going to a good home. If they could be kept and bred in captivity, Frank would do it. And, as time went by, he succeeded. Check out his thread here:

<a href="http://www.fishforums.net/content/Corydora...orded-Spawning/" target="_blank">http://www.fishforums.net/content/Corydora...orded-Spawning/</a>

Take a look at the perfect little babies:

Here they are when they arrived last night:

11-06-07Cteniente7Cteniente1.jpg

And today:

11-07-07Cteniente8.jpg

11-06-07Cteniente7Cteniente5.jpg

11-07-07Cteniente10.jpg

11-07-07Cteniente12.jpg

Coryologist is offering these rare corys on 3 auctions on AquaBid right now, including (generous soul that he is) a charity auction for Toys for Tots. If you want an opportunity to raise some of these beauties, why not take a chance and bid now?

<a href="http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc...&1194760771" target="_blank">http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc...&1194760771</a>

Thank you very, very much, Frank! :flowers:

wow they are beautiful :drool: no wonder you wanted to give them a topic all of their own, they deserve it! congratulations on youre suprise pressie :)

Yes they look real nice-they look like they a bit pink on the rear of the body or is that just something to do with the photo. I love catfish they have so much character and if i had some room i'd be bidding for sure.....oh well one day..... :drool:

Lucky you, hope they are doing well and grow up soon.

Frank must have magic spell on the cory, keep do a good job. :fish:

Wow, lucky you! Im sure Frank will have those cories all over the place before long. They sure are nice. Congratulations :good:

hi Inchworm

just seen your other thread
congrats on all your new fish :good:
but these ones are really nice :)

Thank you all for your responses. :)

They are active, eating well, and looking good. The long trip has done these sturdy little guys no harm at all. :D

_____
Yes they look real nice-they look like they a bit pink on the rear of the body or is that just something to do with the photo.

That's their normal color, Piltdownpaul. If you click on the auction link, at the bottom of my first post, you can look at Coryologist's much more professional photo of one of them. My poor pics don't begin to do them justice.

:hyper: Congrats Inchworm on all your gorgeous new cories. They are stunners and these babies are too cute.

Great pics.

:good:

I was at Franks place in September and he presented me with a trio of C. sp "Teniente" CW016 to bring back to the UK, They have settled down very well, just need to encourage them to breed and I will be well pleased. Cheers Frank my friend.

I was sp delighted with this new and unusual Cory that I have painted it.
corydoras_sp_teniente_large.jpg

Hopefully science will get to grips with it and describe it soon.

Ian

I was at Franks place in September and he presented me with a trio of C. sp "Teniente" CW016 to bring back to the UK, They have settled down very well, just need to encourage them to breed and I will be well pleased. Cheers Frank my friend.

I was sp delighted with this new and unusual Cory that I have painted it.
corydoras_sp_teniente_large.jpg

Hopefully science will get to grips with it and describe it soon.

Ian

great pic Ian :good:

id love to get my hands on some and good luck with spawning them :good:

dave

Hi Coryman :)

Thank you for sharing your lovely painting with us. Just like your others, it captures the spirit of the cory, not just its appearance.

I wish you lots of success getting your trio to spawn and look forward to reading about it soon.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back